R-101C Op?

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Dayum Breh, Apr 27, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dayum Breh

Dayum Breh Generation 2

What are your thoughts on the R-101C? My opinion it is horribly Op for these reasons:
    1. Absolutely NO recoil
    2. Too high rate of fire
    3. The 1st gun you unlock
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

i don't think it's op, it's a assault rifle it does what it needs to do

3. ThatTitanfallGuy

ThatTitanfallGuy Generation 3

Its a very solid weapon, but not over-powered. If it were, I'd never die using it.

4. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

So many threads and discussions around this. I would agree if there were half a dozen AR's to choose from. But there is only couple.

5. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

It's definately my go to weapon if I need results fast, but considering at least half if not more players in the same game use it and thus have the same ability to use it against me I don't think of it as OP.

Instead of calling for changes to the carbine I'd be more inclined to see other weapons get buffed to bring it in line with its overall effectiveness. For example I'd rather see the g2a4 get a slight damage boost.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. TheBudworth

TheBudworth Generation 2

I don't think it's OP, it can easily be out-gunned by a shotgun or SMG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. A.C

A.C Generation 4

No it's not.

It's the easiest weapon to use because you don't need to be good at the game to use it and play well.

Leave the gun alone FFS.

8. kalidor

kalidor Generation 2

I have to say next to the spitfire it is my favourite weapon but it is overpowered. This is probably due to the fact that the hemlock fails as a assault rifle and a dmr.

9. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

The Hemlock is kind of under-whelming for me as well. I have noticed some people do really well with the Starburst mod, so I might give that a try in the future.

10. kalidor

kalidor Generation 2

The starburst mod is useful but the recoil is about double. The G2A4 is better overall than the hemlock I've found if you put the time into unlocking the mods.

11. ThatTitanfallGuy

If any gun is overpowered its the shotgun. That thing is just one hell of a powerful weapon when used correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BKaws

BKaws Generation 2

The thing i noticed on this forum. People love the word OP. But no, its not OP. It does what it needs to do and thats kill.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Born2TheGrave

Born2TheGrave Generation 2

G2A4 needs a slight damage boost
    Hemlock needs a slight range boost
    Carbine needs a slight range reduction
    You're welcome

14. Dayum Breh

Dayum Breh Generation 2

Completely agree, only thing I would change would be a bit more recoil on the R-101c

15. TitanWet

TitanWet Generation 2

N
    No!,just no.stop bringing the call of duty crap into this game.it is set in the future,gun characteristics are not going to be the same as current weapons!None of the guns need ANY adjustment.if you are getting owned,adjust your gameplay ffs!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 1
  16. ThatTitanfallGuy

I totally agree with you dude.

Also, have you guys realized that there ARE burn cards that people use that give them an "Amped" weapon. That means, the gun is literally now over powered. And because they completed a challenge for that weapon, they earned it. And if you complete those challenges, you do too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tsun33

Tsun33 Generation 2

Good point RecKz,

Does this mean that if the carbine gets nerfed (which shouldnt happen IMO) that the amped burn card will bring it back only to level that it currently is at by default? Please people...its fine as is.

18. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

OP and overused seemed to get mixed up a lot in forums. However, in this case the Carbine is both of those as well as easy to use. It's a beginners weapon and people take advantage of that. If someone wants to be vanilla and use the Carbine for the entirety of their Titanfall career, let them. It's their loss.

Also the great thing about Titanfall is that is forces you to use other things in order to regenerate. Which is why vanilla players dislike this factor because they do not like having to put down their beloved Carbine w/ suppressor and holo sight in order to regen.

People that are against the nerf use the carbine religiously and those wanting a nerf despise it and its overall versatility.

In the end, it's just a game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. ThatTitanfallGuy

Do you understand what you are talking about? You can make a suggestion on what people should use as a weapon instead of telling people they are at a loss if they use such a "vanilla" weapon.
    Your statements arent true, nor are they false. They are opinions.
    If you dont like a weapon, you dont use it. Its literally that simple.
    • For instance, I love when people on Call of Duty Black Ops 2 always say something like "God, why does this kid use the LMG Target Finder all the time?"
    The fact of the matter is that he is smart. That kid who uses the Target Finder LMG in Black Ops 2 is using a weapon that is IN THE GAME. And people who complain are the ones who cant beat that kid. So instead of complaining, either outsmart him back, or give him a taste of his own medicine.
    And if Call of Duty decides to make adjustments to their game, its because they felt as if it were a necessity.
    If Respawn decideds to make adjustments to Titanfall, then they obviously feel that there is an imbalance.

Picture this.

If everyone were to use the SAME EXACT LOAD OUT, would that weapon now be considered over powered?

If you are believe that there is a weapon in the game that is "over powered," why are you sitting there and complaining about it instead of using it?
    You cant give an excuse because its there for you to use. Especially in this case and discussion of the Carbine. Its always going to be available to you. Theres always a potential there too. The Carbine is in a default load out, so there is the potential that everyone can have the same load out. Not to mention the mere coincidence of people creating the same load out. Which, happens regularly.

People can use whatever gun they want to use, because in the end, its what allows them to enjoy the game.

There isn't a single weapon in this game that is over powered... Im not understanding why everyone is getting so riled up over this discussion anyways...

The Carbine is not over powered. That statement should be the end of this discussion. Truly.
    If you want to talk about over powered things, then talk about killing Grunts. That's over powered. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

No, it would be considered vanilla and boring.

I'm not for or against the use of the carbine. I just never am too fond of the overused weapons. They're used for a reason you know.. And I personally don't need them to succeed and do well in a game.

Lastly, this just proves my point. You most likely use the carbine. The carbine is like Justin Bieber and you're just a pathetic fan girl trying to defend it. Overpowered or not, it's overused and for good reasons too. It's a damn good weapon..maybe too good. Which is why the sense of it being OP comes to mind.

• Dislike Dislike x 3