Forum Registration to Forum

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by Gaming To Excess, Feb 17, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Gaming To Excess

Gaming To Excess Generation 5

I have seen a lot of these posts today, just over a page of threads full of spam. I thought of away of getting round it. Maybe when new members join the admin will have to accept them before posting on the site. It will then give the admin chance to check the IP's against the other posters of the unwanted spam. Good idea?

2. Jiisuki

Jiisuki Generation 2

Sounds fair to me!

3. Gaming To Excess

It would be only for a short time

4. Bumsonfire

Bumsonfire Generation 3

It seems good, but remember, this website isnt the little community it use to be, its rapidly growing, i remember when there use to be like 50 people online, now there is sometimes 200 people online, and its gonna grow larger by the day. So its gonna take a lot of admins and a lot of work to keep on doing that. I think we should just simply ban any spammers we see instantly.
    Maybe set up a punishment thread, where one of the punishments would be a Permaban for spamming on forums, etc

5. Gaming To Excess

I run a big site with nearly 4000 members not game related and after a short time the spamming stopped. I think it's just worth a try.

6. Bumsonfire

Bumsonfire Generation 3

Alrighty, its worth a try.