Retrying connection to server CONSTANTLY

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by TuT x EPiCz, Feb 19, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TuT x EPiCz

TuT x EPiCz Generation 1

I find it very difficult to play a game when it constantly pops up with "Retrying connection to server" and my character freezes for about 10 seconds giving the enemy an easy kill while i float motionless. I have very good connection i get 17Ms ping to the data server and around 20-40Ms ping in game so why does this happen? Does anyone else get this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. KingOfGaems

KingOfGaems Helpin' you in the best way, day by day.
    Elite Pilot

I'm gonna be honest, I kinda laughed at the video.

Seriously, have you tried any other data-centers and tried playing on them?

• Like Like x 1
  3. TuT x EPiCz

TuT x EPiCz Generation 1

I have but ill try again, also it did run okay a few hours ago then it went back to being awful

• Like Like x 2
  4. KingOfGaems

Elite Pilot

Let me know, I'm thinking of other things. Are you on Wireless or Ethernet? If you're on Wireless, is there anyway you can go ethernet, maybe it could be your Wireless card messing up.

5. TuT x EPiCz

TuT x EPiCz Generation 1

I am on Wireless and ill give Ethernet a go. I appreciate your help its a really big issue i nearly got killed by a grunt and i was also hoping to get the game but if it like this i may not :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Definitely try running an ethernet cable instead of wireless. You'll likely have some people that'll tell you wireless if fine, but I always play with a cable plugged in to my machine when gaming. Helps eliminate issues!

• Like Like x 1
  7. TuT x EPiCz

TuT x EPiCz Generation 1

This did seem to fix the problem thanks, however is there any chance that it may be fine on Wireless im not sure why its bad i get roughly 36mbs download 9mbs upload and about 8-20ms ping Thanks anyway tho

• Like Like x 1
  8. KingOfGaems

Elite Pilot

No problem, enjoy the game!

9. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

It's probably not on your end right now. Part of the beta test was to stress test servers, and Respawn is aware that a lot of people have been having connectivity issues. They mentioned yesterday in their dev stream that more servers would be going up for the full release in March, so hopefully these issues will be nullified.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Devon

Devon Generation 2

This happens when I use the wireless at a friends and at work so I use a ethernet cable when there. Other than that my wireless works fine at home.

11. Monolyth

Monolyth Generation 10
    Elite Pilot

Since swapping to ethernet worked for you it sounds like your wi-fi signal may be unstable. If possible I'd recommend sticking to ethernet for gaming, as simple as wi-fi is to setup it has all kinds of caveats for people who need low-latency and stability (ie. gamers). :(

Last night I did notice similar behavior with the game after my connection started getting a lot of packet loss. My issues were entirely ISP related and not the game as other services were affected (TS, etc.).

• Like Like x 1
  12. Billsobey

Billsobey Generation 2

I experienced this on the Xbox One version about three times during the 90-odd matches I played. It was always at the start of the match and therefore of little significance.

My XB1 is plugged in via Ethernet cable, so I'm assuming it was a problem server-side.

The game also crashed on me once while I was in a pre-match lobby and I got shunted out to the dashboard. I also had the black screen thing happen when I quit the game and had to properly restart the console to get the picture back.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ole Magnus Urdahl

Ole Magnus Urdahl Generation 1

This is happening to me non-stop. I counted up to 5 times in a single match. 43ms to the western european server, and ethernet cable connected to the xbox. Happens almost every time there is a packet lost, anyone know what I can do to fix this?

14. xFMJxDeman

xFMJxDeman Generation 2

I'm having this issue on PC, I'm running Ethernet and it's still happening.

15. Sean

Sean Generation 2

It's happening to me too. Friends of mine in the area are not having the same problem so I think it may be on my end. My PC is plugged into ethernet so thats not the problem I'm gonna try a different router to see if that's it. I'm in northern NJ.

16. Sean

Sean Generation 2

Ok I fixed it. It was the crappy optimum online free wireless router. I have an asus router that the 2.5 ghz band isnt working on so I swapped it in an just played for fifteen minutes problem free.

17. Drew F

Drew F Generation 1

I just started having this exact issue on xbox one today 3/19. It worked perfectly up until today and now all of a sudden I cannot play a game at all. I move for about 3 feet and then the damn retrying connection thing hits and I get rubberbanded back to where I just was. I can't even move sometimes as the retrying connection will just make me unable to do anything. This is really frusturating and it just started today.

• Like Like x 1
  18. EroJiji

EroJiji Generation 2

I'm getting this constantly too! It's extremely infuriating. It happens almost every 10 seconds, and freezes only for a second, but it's always when I'm in the middle of a gun fight or when a pilot shows up. My ping in game is always around 20-40. The problem constantly happens 10+ times per game. I'm on wireless, and it's impossible for me to use an Ethernet cable.

19. EroJiji

EroJiji Generation 2

So here's some of my gameplay video. This type of game happens to me at least once everyday.

20. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

I got to say Eroiji, that looks damn terrible mate.

What have you tried to fix the problem yourself? Have you tried all the usual suspects like switching data-centers and reseting your router etc?