Scoring System Feels Stupid

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Blaz3, Feb 17, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Blaz3

Blaz3 Generation 1

I am curious what everyone else thinks about the scoring system.

I've been playing on/off for a few days, and am completely lost on how this scoring works in Multiplayer.....I see guys who die CONSTANTLY, at the top of the board, while I get like 10 pilot kills, die maybe 3 times, and yet I'm sitting at the bottom.

No matter what the mode either, just played Hardpoint and a guy was 1 - 7 but had 1500 offense points, and 800 defense. Wouldn't his defense be HORRIBLE if he can't kill anyone? lol, what are you defending?!?!?!

If someone has an article explaining the system, by all means, link it so I can read up on it. Because I am so lost right now. I have great matches, but the scoreboard makes me feel like I suck :( lol

2. sscarr

sscarr Generation 2

I'll start off with Hardpoint, the offensive and defensive points are earned by attacking and defending objectives. (A,B and C points) The amount of AIs you kill doesn't show on the scoreboard but if you kill an AI on a point held by you it will add to your defensive score; it will add to your offensive if its their point.

As for Attrition, the AIs play another important part towards the points scored, so pay attention to how many of them the top scorer killed, I bet its well over 30.

I'm at work right now so I don't have to time to explain it all extensively, but this should cover the basics.

Edit: Sorry for some reason I can't post URLs, but on the official Titanfall website there is a modes tab that will explain the basics.

3. Noah Blevins

Noah Blevins Generation 3

Killing pilots is only a part of your score.

For example, I'll use attrition..

Pilots are 100 points
    Titans are 200 points
    AI are 10 points

You also get bonuses for cards, headshots, multikills, etc.

I've broken 3,000 points a few times.