Titanfall smart pistol needs lock on warning

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by doom, Mar 21, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. doom

doom Generation 1

missiles do alot of damage to titans so they give a lock on warning. The smart pistol should give a lock on warning to players. Frankly I find that the smart pistol is easy to counter because it is ineffective at close range, its useless at long distances, however it is lethal at medium range. Close up in small rooms there is alot of movement and its impossible to get a lock on. Essentially what i'm getting at is if players get a warning that smart pistol is locking on they would know to take cover. They would know to stay out of the open since a player is using a smart pistol. Its only fair in that it is an instant kill. Other than that I find that the pistol is balanced just fine. It adds alot of variety to the game by having a weapon like the smart pistol. Frankly I wish there was more variety in the primary weapons department like a anti personal grenade launcher, rocket launcher, smart rifle. Nerfing smart pistol or just removing it simply takes from the game as a whole. It would leave players with nothing but basic assault rifles, smgs. This would be pretty dull.

2. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

3. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

For the love of god, another one?!?!?!??!
    Fine, I'll make another post soon....

4. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

Ok OP, here is this magical thing called a 'SEARCH' button. I know it may be difficult to understand how to 'search' something to you, cuz apparently making a account and a entire new thread is easier.
    I here by give you a link to 36 separate Smart Pistol threads:
    http://www.titanfall-community.com/search/403938/?page=2&q=smart pistol&o=date&c[title_only]=1
    For quality control, If you take out my thread and yours and another 1 post thread plus some troll threads, you get around 32 smart pistol threads of high quality complaining. Plz read first and enjoy.
    I also advise you to look at my SMART PISTOL OP PLZ NERF!111! thread. http://www.titanfall-community.com/...-talk-about-the-smart-pistol.6576/#post-40794
    Now, I know all this information may be difficult to comprehend and you might ignore it all and continue complaining, but how about you actually USE the smart pistol in PILOT SKIRMISH! I bet all the carbines and pilot fights will surely be easily handled by the almighty op smart pistol! If it's so OP, why don't you use it?
    If you still think the Smart Pistol is OP, please meet with our minister @Sulq. http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/buff-the-smart-pistol.6404/ . He isn't trolling or something....
    Oh! Here is another thread about the smart pistol that may have eluded the search function: http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/i-regret-buying-titanfall-only-for-1-reason.6663/
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What I have to say about your post:
    I'm glad you personally think the smart pistol is easily countered at close and long range. But why add a lock-on warning? So the entire point of the gun (stealth and parkour) gets throw out the window and makes it even weaker against pilots?
    You don't seem like the average 'SMART PISTOL OP PLZ NERF' type of person that usually comes to these forums. I like you think the SP adds variety, and don't want it removed. Trust the community, the smart pistol doesn't need a nerf. You're even advocating anti-pilot noob tubes, rocket launchers, and smart RIFLES!!!! Listen to yourself, these weapons would be way worse than the smart pistol.
    I want variety too but it also needs to be balanced. Titanfall has AMAZING weapon balance. The smart pistol is apart of that perfect balance.

• Like Like x 1
  5. doom

doom Generation 1

#5 doom, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    I just wanted to draw as much attention as possible I think titanfall is in danger of being nerfed into oblivion. Already titan nuke damage to shuttles have been nerfed. Honestly was escaping in a shuttle that big a deal for players? I never actually cared when I was nuked and blown up while in a shuttle I thought it was kinda fun. Hell there is a thread here about a guy that wants to increase the number of players in a match and decrease the number of titans that can be called in at once. He actually thinks the titans themselves are op. I just finished a game where a player whined that I was a shotgun newb and that shotgun was op cause I killed him like 10 times in a row. Wanna nerf shotguns next? I've seen it with countless other multiplayer games players whine when they lose then come to forum and rant about how op things are. then things get nerfed like crazy. Then everything becomes overbalanced and boring. Then the players get bored and move on to something else. I saw it in age of conan, even though this wasn't an fps it still had the same fundamental problem. Just like Titanfall age of conan had an Acidic froum community filled with 5 year olds that rant and rage everytime they lose. They would cry for nerf nerf. Then everything gets nerfed and the game becomes boring and lame. Titanfall is a great game that is unique and different from your average bland fps like cod, or battlefield. I just don't want the cry babies to get there way with titanfall and have everything nerfed so that it becomes sucky and boring.

On a side note if you take the time to actually carefully read what I type in stead of responding with the "oh god not another smart gun thread" you'll see that i'm not just talking about smart guns i'm talking about the trend of most good multiplayer games now a day.

6. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Holy Crap!!!:eek: I think our fellow pilot doom is on to something here and I totally agree with some points like why not have a warning when getting locked on by that pesky s/p.:mad: Hell, I kind of like the idea (and who wouldn't) of being forewarned of impending doom so I could get myself somewhere safe and out of the line of someone's fire. I don't know about any of you guys and/or gals out there in gaming land............ Hey, hold on.o_O This is a game about killing or being killed isn't it? So wouldn't you already have the forethought to keep your arse out of the open so as not to be killed by s/p or any other weapon?;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. doom

doom Generation 1

It would have to lock on faster verse other players if it did give a warning. Right now it locks on slow but it doesn't give a warning or anything. I like this game and I like smart pistol I don't want to see it get nerfed and removed altogether. I'm just suggesting rebalancing it for players who are not as skilled and have a hard time countering it. Frankly, I myself have no trouble countering the smart pistol but i'm not your typical player. I'm actually creative and I adjust my tactics to different situations. Most players don't think or strategize. They seem believe that all they need is a fast computer, fast internet to be good at multiplayer. Thats why most players suck.

8. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I don't think a lock is necessary. In the length of time it takes to lock I'd have most folk killed with the 101 or CAR. This would make the weapon disadvantageous compared to the rest.

9. doom

doom Generation 1

dude I just said that the lock would have to acquire faster since it would give a warning. Obviously if it gave a warning and acquired a lock at current slow speed you would get killed 100 percent of the time by a player with a CAR or 101. The lock time against players would have to be faster if it gave them a warning. Just look at how fast missile lock time is against titans. Actually a faster lock time would even make the smart pistol useful in close quarters situations against players who are using shotguns. It would give smart pistol users more options.

10. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Nah, the fact it can hit using a much wider reticule is the counter balance to the long lock time. This is the advantage/disadvantage of meeting a SP holder head on.

A shorter lock would leave a head to head battle one sided and any lock warning from behind pointless as you'd not be able to even turn to do anything about it.

For me, it's fine as it is lad.

11. doom

doom Generation 1

I think its fine too. If they have to change smart pistol I just hope they don't nerf or remove it. I hope they rebalance it instead.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dancing Titan

Dancing Titan Generation 2

well it isnt always easy to counter the sp at close ranges i mean i have a poor aim with the shot gun so well... yeah i agree with the warning tho

13. HaydnShaw

HaydnShaw Generation 2

I'm not a big fan of the silenced/vanilla smart pistol, I don't think it's that great vs players.

The enhanced lock-on/amped version is really good vs players, but when I'm using it in attrition for example, not using the silencer tells everyone where I am. This is not a good thing. The smart pistol is useless against Titans if I'm not rodeoing them (and it doesn't penetrate their shields), and if Smart Pistol is basically how I play the game, then it's not like I'm going to be that great with AT weapons either.

At the moment I have two out-of-titan challenges left, since I've gotten my pilot killer challenges with every primary, sidearm, and ordanance weapon: Head-Turner and (whatever the pilot version of Jackboot is). Most of the time I achieve three locks and do not pull the trigger, instead, I try to sneak up on players to see if I can get a jump-kick or execution kill, but I will pull the trigger if that goes wrong, or if I'm up against a jumpy mofo SP player, who does infact have enhanced targeting.

Your proposed suggestion to let players know I'm sneaking up on them while I have the SP equipped would prove counter-intuitive to my goals, and since I can get a kill faster with a silenced CAR SMG, I cannot back your idea, it just seems like you have a skewed argument to make an interesting weapon redundant.