TF2 - Lack of Frontier Defense

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by SROSeaner, Oct 31, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Frontier What? Who Cares!

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SROSeaner

SROSeaner Generation 2

#1 SROSeaner, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    I'm thoroughly enjoying TF2 so far, although I am the first to admit I seem to suck more in TF2 multiplayer than TF1.

Anyway, I really miss Frontier Defense. Is anybody really missing that game mode? Take my poll, I am curious to know if anybody wishes it was back.

** Respawn does appear committed to ensuring we all get new maps AND modes without community splitting DLC. What if FD is in the works already as a free update down the line? :D You never know

2. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

Yes! i want a cooperative mode!

3. runescythe9852

runescythe9852 Generation 3

I would say yes since it was a nice little game mode that was touch, but very enjoyable to play.

4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes, it would be nice, but to me that's like saying, "Should I put some lipstick on this pig?"

What I would really like SROSeaner is if you could do one of your polls that asks the question that should be asked:

Do you want to see TF2's multiplayer completely stripped out and replaced with TF1's multiplayer?

Yes (I am a cool person who knows what the best video game ever looks like)
    No (I'm a COD fan boy and love cartoony dumbed down games)

And that is not a joke, by the way. I am not laughing. I am dead serious.

5. SROSeaner

SROSeaner Generation 2

Fantastic idea! Watch for my next poll entitled "Do you want to put lipstick on a pig?"

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I would imagine that it will return as part of the free DLC.

7. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

TF 1 is still there. You can still play TF 1. I like the new game and I am far from a CoD fanboy. I'm fine with your over analysis of why you dislike TF 2 but don't make it about others that like the new game AND like TF 1.

8. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Hey, if someone likes the game, good for them, but that does not erase the fact that it is not Titanfall and it is disrespectful to call this cartoony dumbed down thing Titanfall.2. If you want to call it "Call of Duty - Titan Edition" or "Cartoon Clownshow with Titans" fine, but don't sully the name of the first game by even associating this thing to it.

9. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Wow. Ok dude.

10. SROSeaner

SROSeaner Generation 2

LOL We all need to just. calm. down.

Don't worry ensc. Your opinion is important AND matters.

That's why I will still do a poll called "Do you want to put lipstick on a pig?" in your honor. Pure genius.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks Seaner! I appreciate it!

12. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

13. temporar

temporar Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

Frontier Defense was nice but I can imagine it takes significantly more effort to design this particular mode than others. So its logical if Respawn decided to look into it it at later stage.

Speaking of co-op modes I would love to see one resembling Single Player attack on IMC base where you team up with other players to advance through battlefield while facing waves of incoming enemies or a variant of Frontier Defense where the amount of waves is infinite.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, that portion of the Single Player, "Trial By Fire" I think it was called, where you are with Sarah in her Titan and with some others and you are just trying to push through waves of Titans was the best part of the Single Player in my opinion and one of the most fun and challenging things I've experienced in awhile. I actually had to go back and play it a second time and it was just as fun. A mode like that with some type of randomness too it would be really awesome.

15. SROSeaner

SROSeaner Generation 2

"Trial By Fire" was awesome. Still go in on Master and play it. You are right, would make for great multiplayer co-op. Could call the mode "Forward Assault" where you and your team are constantly trying to push forward through a map against enemy titans

• Like Like x 1
  16. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Agreed! I think that could quickly become one of the most popular modes. it is so challenging and so satisfying. Another thing that made it so much fun and gratifying was doing the whole thing next to Sarah in her badass red titan and her actually growing to respect you and compliment you along the way.