Tips and Tricks Thread

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Chaz, Feb 14, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sscarr

sscarr Generation 2

Overall a very good tip set for beginners.

One I'd like to add is when running with nuclear ejection, always use electric smoke right before you eject, the smoke covers up that blinding white light that lets everyone know you're going nuclear. At least the majority of the time.

2. GeneralArmchair

GeneralArmchair Generation 2

Another tip for nuclear ejection. Consider running it with auto-eject instead of survivor. When you find yourself on your last sliver of health, intentionally 'over extend' or purposefully mess up your dodges towards safety. Many pilots LOVE going for that execution attack. If you can bait them into using their boosts to go for the execution, then you will have solidly trapped them at ground zero.

3. markforza

markforza Finally got to Gen5
    Elite Pilot

I've been using #Nuclar Ejection as much as possible, and my Tactic is to get Right in the Face of the Opponents Titan & to Try & Stay close & ONLY Eject when its Absolutely Necessary & quite often I can get a Couple of Kills from the Nuke Eject even taking Titans out!

4. A.C

A.C Generation 4

Some good tips and tricks.

I really need to hone my Parkour skills (or lack thereof :( )

The Titans are extremely fun to navigate and battle in, but I find myself using mine in 'follow mode' alot because I just want to focus on my gun-skill, improving map knowledge and manoeuvrability as pilot.

I've been a bit of a "Tryhard" in other FPS' (*cough* COD *cough*) - so one step at a time, because I need to get a handle on what's going on - the battlefield can get overwhelmed with activity sometimes.

Love the game though.

Regards tips, I don't really have any that haven't been mentioned.

5. A.C

A.C Generation 4

Dude, I jumped on to Titanfall yesterday with your vid in mind - thinking it would be straight-forward to replicate some of those actions!

My, how I was wrong... There's definitely a learning curve here, but I have to tip my cap to you, because some of those manoeuvres aren't easy to perform and perfect.

At first, I thought Titanfall would be an overwhelmingly messy battlefield with Titan warfare taking place all over the map, pilots' rodeo-ing and riding in the mix and a plethora of AI minions in there for good measure - detracting from any real skill - but that opinion has changed; those with the superior Parkour and manoeuvring ability will be the most skilled in battle IMHO.

I shall keep referencing the vid to improve, although, despite playing the tutorial 3 times, I still don't have the basics honed.

Liked the vid!

• Like Like x 1
  6. VX WS8SKILLZ XV

VX WS8SKILLZ XV Generation 2

i would edit all these tips into my original post hoever somereason this forum does not allow me to do so ):

7. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

Parkouring is not as easy as it looks for some. I am still working on it and look foreword to the private match setting so I can pick a map and practice this. You are right, the ones who develop these skills well will own the rest of us.

Practice makes perfect

8. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

Thanks for the tips! I play Hard Point mostly as I like the objective. I am the capper in most games and seldom look for pilots unless we have enough points capped or they are along my route. I find running between A and C works well as most cap and leave, seldom defend. The other thing I noticed, when my team loses, is that players get to caught up in their Titans and don't get out to cap points. A Titan is a tool for me, not a home when I get one. I always save a Titan for the end of the game so we can take down the evac ship. I call it "No one goes home!" ;)

9. A.C

A.C Generation 4

Precisely...

I rarely find myself using my Titan - it's almost exclusively used in 'Follow-Mode'. Partly because I enjoy playing as a pilot, and a lot of my time is frustratingly being spent trying to hone my Parkour/manouevering/navigational skills.

• Like Like x 1