Titanfall 2 tech rest NOT coming to PC

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Bruvas, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

oh dear.

Titanfall 2 will receive an open beta ahead of its 28th October release, but it won't be on PC.

Respawn founder and CEO Vince Zampella explained in a recent blog post that the open beta will primarily be a stress test to make sure the severs scale properly.
    "Since our server backend is per-platform, it means we only actually need a single platform to test this," the developer stated. "More platforms can be a good sanity check, but we don't need to test them all to make sure we are on a good path for launch."

As for why PC is getting the short shrift here, Zampella said this came down to there being too much hardware variety and the studio has been too busy to sort out optimisation for the game's minimum specs.
    "We're still making a lot of tweaks and changes to the renderer, the game, and effects so we haven't run the game through the hardware compatibility lab yet to detect and handle a large variety of hardware - video cards, CPUs etc.," Zampella explained. "Quite frankly, we aren't ready to deal with that yet, we are still making the game better. We also haven't done enough work to fully support our 'Min Spec' on PC yet. "

full article : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-15-titanfall-2s-open-beta-wont-be-on-pc

2. Slappy

Slappy Generation 2

I did try to post this elsewhere but I'm too new to post links ;)

But what I found interesting was the two other reasons behind this:
    "We're still making a lot of tweaks and changes to the renderer, the game, and effects so we haven’t run the game through the hardware compatibility lab yet to detect and handle a large variety of hardware - video cards, CPUs etc," said Zampella. "Quite frankly, we aren't ready to deal with that yet, we are still making the game better."

"Also, because the single player story has some wonderful secrets that we really want to preserve for launch, we also have to worry about leaks," Zampella added. "Our wonderfully curious PC players have proven in the past that they will dig out anything they can, and there's a risk that they could spoil some of our single player.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

I know that this sucks for a lot of people, so I am sad to hear it. I'm a bit 50/50 on it, because while I want the PC community to be able to play and test.. I understand where Respawn is coming from when they reference hardware tests & not wanting leaks to hit the community.

I hope that our PC friends can find either a console to play on or they're extremely patient people!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

I feel you PC players. I was crushed to learn the first Titanfall would never be on PS4. I adapted by buying an X1, at least you will have the full game to look forward to.

• Like Like x 3
  5. DusK

DusK Generation 2

This is the second clear indication that Respawn has no intention of supporting the PC version to the extent that they'll support the console versions. Vince can give all of the reasons he wants, but I remain unconvinced.

Heh. UnconVINCEd.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, so let me get this straight now. PCs made Titanfall the success that it was, but now we are getting treated like a red headed stepchild? No Vanguard edition. No beta test. I don't care what any of you said in defense of PS4 when I was complaining about the Vanguard edition. Screw PS4!!! If any platform should have first dibs on ANYTHING Titanfall 2, it should be the PC and the PS4 should be in the back of the bus on everything. This is a load of crap!!!

And, by the way, if you haven't worked out all the stuff on the PC, wouldn't the beta test be a good time to do it, so we can solve any issues before release and not have to deal with them when some of us have vacation days planned to enjoy it when it actually releases. I'll tell you what, there sure as hell better not be any bugs or problems with the PC when this thing releases. Total direspect for the loyal Titanfall PC users and I don't want to hear anyone justifying any of it. Crap! Just total crap!

7. illegalfreq

illegalfreq Generation 1

I feel your pain man and I'm so sorry to hear that. Although devs intentions are totally understandable. While the first episode doesn't have single player campaign this one does and they handling it in strict confidence due to known reasons. In console you can't mine any information about any files on your hardware for sure. In addition one of our local shop advertising Marauder and Vanguard editions for all platforms. These editions won't include the game so I don't understand why there are different platforms? If I buy a game then I want the helmet I don't care it has an Xbox, PC or PS4 case :) Here is my screenshot:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

Look, I think it's awful that PC players aren't getting the tech test, but I still don't understand why you are continuously bashing PS4. It's not helping your cause, and if anything I would think that recent developments would lead you to be sympathetic with PS4 players for us not getting the first Titanfall at all. Stop blaming PS4 for decisions made by EA and Respawn.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Like the battlefield.. The gaming world is cruel and unfair on occasions. Sorry to hear about the PC denial but it's only a beta, at least you are not being denied the rights to play the finished game :)

10. illegalfreq

illegalfreq Generation 1

Little bit off-topic: but who is that girl on your avatar? She's stunning! :)

11. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Hannah Ferguson ;) I wanted a beach babe cause I'm from Miami besides each time I come to the forums I have eye candy.. It's a convenience for me haha

• Like Like x 1
  12. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Damn... take a deep breath. It's going to be alright. It'll just take a little while longer. It's just a game (fantasy) and it's still coming. In the here and now (reality) just accept the fact that... "it is, what it is and there's not a darn thing I can do about it". It's coming... chill.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I always wanted to be on the same forum as angry German kid (YouTube video) lol

14. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

It's not that serious man. Go call your sponser if it gets any worse.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

20 years ago I may have spouted off more, but even if they said Xbox wasn't getting it, I wouldn't be angry. They will have sound reasons - it certainly won't be to spite a gaming collective. Plus, one thing I've learned from beta tests is that they frequently don't represent the game fully, or you start to pull your hair out during the down time / game release window.

Call me old and docile (I have enough grey in my beard to put Sin City to shame!) but there are bigger things happening in the world that missing out on a server stress test.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

Listen and enjoy !

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah!!! See that's what I'm talking about. Smoke some eye medication and (as Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory would suggest) have a warm beverage. It's only a game.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Trini Chinese

19. Trini Chinese

20. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Sucks for PC players...

I completely understand where Respawn is coming from on this one though.

I also don't know about PC putting Titanfall on the map, I'd have to disagree on that one. It was a launch title for a brand new console generation.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.