Video Titanfall: Aim assist on the PC, In-Depth with gameplay and commentary

Discussion in 'Titanfall Creations' started by MrGoogle, Feb 24, 2014.

?
  1. Mouse + keyboard, obviously

80.0%
  2. I'm going to play or at least test it with a controller

20.0%
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MrGoogle

MrGoogle Generation 2

Hello everyone and nice to meet more fans like me!

My name is Stefan I'm 26y old and I really like Titanfall.
    I'm also a ''hobby'' Youtuber and I'd like to share PC gameplay and in depth!

First of all I have a question, are you going to play it with mouse and keyboard or just with a controller?

And for the in depth video, my latest episode explains the Aim-Assist on the PC version of Titanfall, please give me some feedback in the forum here!

Aim- assist on PC episode explained video:

I can do more videos if people want me to, so please let me know!

With kind regards,

SB

• Like Like x 3
  2. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Woah wait a minute....xbox controller users on the PC get aim assist? I wasn't aware of this but this does explain some dodgy deaths i had in the late beta when it went open (besides the hacks ofc)

Is anyone else a bit concerned controller users have an advantage over keyboard and mouse users in the PC version?

Good video all round and thanks for letting me know something i clearly wasn't aware of, keep up the good videos.

On a side note this video should have been posted in the Fan Art/Video section.

• Like Like x 2
  3. MrGoogle

MrGoogle Generation 2

Hello Clarkeh, nice to meet you!

Thanks for the appreciation! I did test it with a controller and it feels smooth, but if you want to quickly jump and run between buldings (for me at least) it was not possible because I can not turn so quick.

If a Mod wants to place it to the fan/video section that is fine! I tought it fit more in PC specific section, if so then sorry for that.
    If there are people interested to possibly play/help me with some tests people are asking for let me know that aswell!

With kind regards,

SB

• Like Like x 1
  4. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Well im not exactly sure what timezone your from but from your accent i can defo say your in europe the same as me so im willing to kelp you in any other tests you need to do my origin ID is the same as my forum name.

5. I2edShift

I2edShift Generation 2

Gads, I really wish people would stop beating this horse.

Aim-assist is part of every FPS shooter that's on console. Halo, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Unreal Tournament, Doom, Resistance, Killzone, and anything else you can think of. It's how they make up for the lack of precision that a thumbstick-based controller has. Making the game playable, enjoyable to more people, and allow better players to actually pull off impressive kills with there Xbox/PlayStation controller. Most people don't even understand how aim-assist works. Just like the posted video shows, a better descriptor would be "cross-hair magnetism".

Anyone worth there salt with a mouse & keyboard can aim far better than the overwhelming majority of console players. In fact, unless you're in the top one-percentile of console players, a mouse & keyboard is still better. There's more speed, precision, and freedom with a mouse. Just for example, if you compare the very best console players from say, CoD, Halo, and Battlefield to the best Counter Strike players, the CS players make all be the absolute best console players in the world look like they're just "average" the majority of the time.

Really wish people would just get off there 'Elitist PC-Master Race' mentality here. If you play on PC with a mouse, this doesn't hurt you. If someone wants to play with a 360 controller, it still doesn't hurt you - so let them. I realize that this isn't what your video is about (and it's a great demonstration of what 'aim-assist' actually is), but this is more for discussions sake as people get all up in arms over a PC game having aim-assist for those who choose to play with a controller - the game would be unplayable without it (with a controller). And no, I don't play Titanfall with a controller.

P.S. - The aim-assist is the exact same on the XBone version.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrGoogle

MrGoogle Generation 2

My timezone is Gmt+1 (The Netherlands) so yeah haha you got my accent correct!
    Wil add you later today, have to sort stuff out ..

Unfortunately losing my job very soon, just had the bad news.. might provide some less content the upcoming weeks because of it .. sorry in advance

7. MrGoogle

MrGoogle Generation 2

Hello and thank you for your post, do have a fews questions,

Nobody is saying anything about master race stuff you mentioned here? You also say you get the video isn't about that and so but still :) I'm all to the get a bigger community together kind of guy.

Also thanks for confirming xbone should have the same assist.

Might take a while before getting back here as stated above because I just found out I'm losing my job within 2 weeks...

With kind regards,

SB

8. dogfishpaws

dogfishpaws Generation 1

Hope you find a new job asap!

• Like Like x 1
  9. MrGoogle

MrGoogle Generation 2

Thank you, I see it's your first post so thanks even more!
    Currently working hard to do so.. Car mechanics and jobs these days..

See you later hopefully.

Stef

• Like Like x 1
  10. dogfishpaws

dogfishpaws Generation 1

What's your origin ID?

11. MrGoogle

MrGoogle Generation 2

It's stefanbrand1 changing it hasn't worked sofar for some reason! Feel free to add me I also play some bf4 :)

12. MrGoogle

MrGoogle Generation 2

WHoaaa :D the game is awesommeeee

13. dogfishpaws

dogfishpaws Generation 1

Indeed it is :D

14. MrGoogle

MrGoogle Generation 2

As of now I don't see myself playing it alot for some reasons..
    Maybe because they need more perks and unlocks??..

Anyone else has the same?

SB

15. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

Mostly this, If you use a controller any one who can use a mouse will crush the living balls off of you in game, even with aim assist. But, it certainly does hurt me when I have some 2 or 3 peasants on my team running around going 1 and 9 every game. The only conceivable way those scores are possible, is controllers.

16. MrGoogle

MrGoogle Generation 2

Hello and thanks for the reply, (sorry for my late one!)
    I thought the same a while ago when ghosts came out but now I'm comfortable with controllers since the PC community could get some love from console players :)
    If you play other FPS games the playerbase is (unfortunately) just too small so you can't play all game modes alot of the time.
    It is kind of depending on your timezone, for me in europe this is the case.

With kind regards,

Stef =)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MrGoogle

MrGoogle Generation 2

I'm almost there ! :D

18. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

Titanfall is the ONLY FPS on PC that uses traditional matchmaking and can find games in every game-mode. Wont be too long and it will be the same as the rest.