Update: Map Hack, Legion and Tone nerfed, and ...

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Derrame, Nov 5, 2016.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

Map Hack: Rebalanced Map Hack so that player locations will now pulse instead of always on. We'll continue to look into this boost and will modify it further if it continues to cause frustration.

Titan Balancing: * Rebalanced Legion. * Rebalanced Tone.

Due to player feedback we’ve tweaked the balancing on both of these Titans. We’ll continue to watch player feedback and address as needed.

Pilot Changes: Anti-Titan and Grenadier weapons once again restore ammo when embarking into your Titan. Rebalanced Amped LMGs.

Last Titan Standing: Fixed an issue with bad start spawns on Exoplanet. Fixed an issue that was causing round 1 to start while people were still connecting.

Menus: Fixed an issue with camos that would result in players not being able to clear the "NEW" message.

Last but not least…You can now play Private Match Solo!

Shoutout to the amazing folks on the dev team for hustling on this. They are wizards.

Enjoy and keep the feedback coming.

from Titanfall reddit

https://m.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5b726q/new_update_is_live_tone_legion_map_hack_balancing/

• Like Like x 1
  2. BattleReadyPB

BattleReadyPB Generation 5

Now that I have significant time in each and every titan...
    Tone and Legion did not need to be nerfed at all.
    They just need to be effectively countered. It's a pilot thing not a problem with the Titans being OP.

This makes me sad.

3. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

Why haven't the devs added the 2 other titans from the campaign?

• Like Like x 1
  4. OtherJesus

OtherJesus Generation 2

Any word on what the rebalancing actually means for the Titans.

Happy to read about Map Hack. It's a step in the right direction. Now they just need to nerf Sonar. Why they changed it from TF1 and made it so OP and so easy to use, I'll never understand.

5. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

which titans?

i find tone and legon pretty balanced not overpowered, so no idea why this changes

and the map hack making enemies visible only on pulses makes it almost useles

6. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

In the campaign brute used the quad rocket and I think expedition used chain gun. (not sure on name).

Both titans would be a blast. I loved using chaingun in TF1

I agree doing this to map hack will render it useless. There is a very viable counter to map hack called radar jammer

7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks Derrame! Appreciate you sharing that info.

8. Deeszigns

Deeszigns Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Map hack would have been fine as it was if the map hack was only seen by the pilot using it. It's stupid that if one person uses map hack that his whole team benefits. That's why it was unbalanced

9. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

mpa hack is perfect as it is, this game needs more of this boosts to benefit the whole team

• Like Like x 1
  10. WorkInProgress

WorkInProgress Generation 2

I got you.

Brute was a modified Northstar-like Titan chassis that used the Quad Rocket and Acolyte MTMS (Multi-Targeting Missile System) along with the Vortex Shield and the Flight Core.

The Expedition loadout is the standard for the Vanguard-class Titan (eg BT-7274 and FS-1014).

11. Deeszigns

Deeszigns Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

So let's just give everyone on the team stim when I pop mine too?
    See where this is going? It's your ability and should benefit you or let's just take away the minmap and everyone run map hack and we can all shoot the orange targets.

12. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I just wish the minimap was as useful as TF1. They seem to have taken the Battlefront approach where it just shows the direction a pilot or titan is in, but not exactly where it is or what it is.

13. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

there is a big difference between detecting enemies nearby during few seconds and heal and move faster,
    i

• Like Like x 1
  14. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

• Like Like x 2
  15. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

yeah, I agree with Derrame, I like that Map Hack benefits the whole team and it might be nice for some things to have more boosts that benefit the whole team

• Like Like x 2
  16. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

they should also fix the titans falling outside the map

17. WorkInProgress

After the fifth time Pilot Derrame called their Titan in, the accuracy of their boss' orbital locators has come into question...

Derrame's TItan: Pilot, I am precariously balanced on the top of this mountain. Please assist.

Derrame: OH MY GOD! You are a Northstar! FLY DOWN!

Derrame's Northstar: My thrusters only function with your input, Pilot.

Viper then flies above Derrame, cackling as he circles their poor Titan as it tries to keep its balance.

The moral of the story is that you should give your Titan some love. Install the Vinson Dynamics Assault-Survival Hardchip V2X (TM)
    ---

But in all seriousness, I like how they let us play Bounty Hunt in Private. Alone. The hardier AI Titans are proving to be a challenge.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Oh, wow! you can play Bounty Hunt alone now? That's awesome! That will be really beneficial to new players. I hope they advertise that to the new players so they have a place to go to hone their skills without getting thrown to the wolves and getting stomped on. Everyone said TF1's user base dropped because of lack of content. I disagree. I think it dropped because the non-existent matchmaking put new players in impossible situations (outnumbered and outskilled) and they couldn't take 2 steps without getting killed. Who the hell would want to stick around for that? Private matches alone will at least allow you to remain alive long enough to learn, develop and improve your skills.

19. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

How do you play bounty hunt by yourself?

20. WorkInProgress

When in the Titanfall 2 multiplayer screen, choose 'Find Game' and go over to Private (that'll be the last option on the second page). You can set the map and game mode, but it's not like TF1's where you can set Grunt lethality, score limits, and time limits. You can start the game by yourself to familiarize yourself with map layouts, tactical abilities, Titan controls, etc. In Bounty Hunt, you can get familiar with the Sectors and Titan Spawn Points.

All in all, it's a good tool for a starting Pilot.