Very Fair Review Of Titanfall 2 - The Good And The Bad

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by ensc, Nov 25, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I think this guy does a pretty nice job and is very fair about everything. I agree with most of it, such as how good the Single Player Campaign is, but I especially agree with his points towards the end about the pilot vs. titan experience and the map design. My only major disagreement is that I'm not OK with the titans and would like fully customizable loadouts.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

#2 DARK BAWGS, Nov 26, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    A good review and I share most of his opinions. I love the game and I loved the original! For me this is a new game and stands on its own. I think the one thing that many forget that as good as TF1 was it was not a commercial success; Respawn had to come out with something that would appeal to the "mass" market - thus some compromises. If they hadn't there would not likely have been a TF2 and certainly not a TF3!

My thinking is that there is a long term strategy: provide a game with more "mass" market appeal, gain a new vibrant community and with further updates and a potential TF3 bring back some of the things that made TF1 as good as it was but still keeping enough of the stuff to engage the community for the long term-sustainable.

I agree with his comment that with the correct implementation strategy over the next couple of years this could become the "go-to" game for FPS... let's hope so!

In summary, I can only trust that Respawn sees this video and realizes this is one of the most balanced and focused commentaries I have experienced. I have tried to be a loyal supporter and remain positive but this last DLC is a disappointment we need more diverse maps, just like he said, and go to maps more like TF1.

3. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I pretty much agree with everything he said.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Whiskeys Demon

Whiskeys Demon Generation 2

A bit long winded but I agree with most everything. Titanfall 2 is one of those odd games where at first I didn't like it as much as the first, but the more I play it the more I like it. It's easily the best shooter out. You can adjust your play style and make most any Titan, weapon, or ability effective. Most games don't have that kind of Balance

• Like Like x 1
  5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

DARK, are you trying to make me the happiest guy on earth right now? Because that would make me the happiest guy on earth. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Of course that is my mission in life! :cool:

7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks buddy! Appreciate it. :)