What are the devs waiting for to release more DLC's?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Derrame, Dec 20, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Well those maps are perfect for twitch shooting. See that's what the delima is for respawn, in order to get a hold of more of the fanbase they have modified some of the direction of this game. Those maps don't work well with the titans but they work well for the pilots. At least the shooter aspect. But yea the game definitely needs a real good update, let's hope they are still taking this game serious. Bad sales or not this is a critically acclaimed game they can't just walk away from it. EA is embarrassing if they do.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

exactly , the maps while good are still too clustered for titan play . And like you said they tweaked it to have a bit of the COD feel catered to more pilot vs pilot engagements hence the skill reward system they are implementing , which is not a bad thing but the removal of other elements change the dynamics which players of the first had immediately feel the difference when they played the alpha hence the uproar of players of the first game .
    in the Alpha they had removed the timer all together and only because of players they implemented it back in and just that little thing is the reason the game plays better now . as many have said that the titan should not have felt like a killstreak but a weapon you can call down when you need it to fight the battle .

it made for a different experience every multiplayer match . and the thing is what many gamers don't realize is that i don't believe that respawn wanted to do most of these things but had to as to carter for E sports , while i get that there are E sports players and that's all good make mode's for that type of thing not change the game to suit the venue .

when you play Angel City notice how the map feels different for titans , player will notice that the map while as good as the original the subtle differences of how it plays with the lack of AI in the modes compared to part 1 .

• Like Like x 1
  3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I agree and thank you brother. I feel the same way and I respect you and your passion for the game as well.

Absolutely! I was blown away by the clever innovation in the Single Player Campaign and especially Effect and Cause.

Thanks! And you too my friend.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks Trini! Appreciate it buddy. Yes, I share your worries.

Yeah, I don't know how I feel about the Star Wars game. I love Star Wars and the new movie is my favorite of all time and K-2SO is my favorite character of all of the movies and I also enjoy Battlefront. I heard the game Respawn is making is a 3rd person game and all I could think was, "Why?" That is so 80's. We have all of this technology now to make amazing 1st person games. Why would anyone want to ever make or play a 3rd person game again? I don't get it. I'm very interested to see how it is received.

5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Oh, you are absolutely right. Those Sentry Turrets need to be weakened big time. I saw a video Gamesager did who is one of the best moving players in the game and on the Angel City map there was this one Turret that just would not leave him alone no matter what he did even when he was clear on the other side of the map. :) I mean, if it is even a problem for Gamesager, most of us don't stand a chance against those things.

6. Trini Chinese

• Like Like x 2
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks DARK! I really appreciate your understanding and sympathy. I truly do.

It is only your marketing genius that keeps me going. "Obi-DARK Kenobi, you're my only hope."

Also, I must say, if what they did brings in thousands or millions more like Omega, then it was a good move. I love his passion.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'm with you Kernel and I just love the way you put things. :) I agree with you on those 2 maps. They are the worst and especially Crash Site.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trini Chinese

10. Trini Chinese

11. Trini Chinese

12. Trini Chinese

13. Trini Chinese

14. Trini Chinese

15. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Wow Tf1 looks so amazing and epic. Yes i hope they return the series back to that. Just of course I wanna keep the precise shooter element that Tf2 has. Why did the community stop supporting Tf1 ? I don't get it. Lack of content ?

• Like Like x 1
  16. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I share both you views especially on those maps. As to Respawn being silent - like I stated several times in the past whoever is responsible for Marketing at Respawn should be promoted to janitor! They have a master plan - i hope - and could drop tid bits to the community to keep interest and excitement up especially now with the discounted price promo and Xmas rush they have attracted a lot of players, you want to give them something to look forward to and build up anticipation. Respawn is missing the boat!

There is an expression I used with my marketing department "...be slow to promise but quick to fulfill..." I think you do more harm when you promise more than you can deliver and are late when you do than if you just give a teaser to build anticipation and hit them with a bang before they expect it... Respawn could easily do this and it would only build on the modest growth they have achieved over the holiday season.

Let's hope they come out with some info early in the new year!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Trini Chinese

Mate you use that word and phrase reskinned as if you don't seem to realize that is a broad statement , i like many in a game don't want the same thing over and over if i am already tired of it . remember this is their second installment and in a way also there first to a larger demographic being it is on all consoles now.
    Gamers wanted more content added to the first , do you understand that . gamers wanted the depth of the suttle elements added to the original game .
    that said why would anyone in there right mind remove features that made the first game what it is and the odd part is that it comes from a gamer that supposed to be a fan what are you a fan of exactly again ?
    to your statement to reskin is not innovative and i can agree but that depends on what ? and if it is needed or necessary to what it may be pertaining to. as one can argue that just having guns or a titan in the second game, Is the game being Reskinned as you put it.
    so using that point in the case of titanfall 2 is irrelevant and does not pertain to this game . they did not add features to improve they removed features and shifted things around to appear like there were major changes and am not talking about camo am talking about functional in game multiplayer features , because any gamer and am surprised you can't see it it that this game shows lots of signs that it is not complete and have many features cut from launch .
    gamers wanted features ADDED and this is fact not a theory more guns to get unlocked for pilots , more weapons for the titans more titan chassis more maps and so on and so on , while we got some new things in part 2 granted we also lost a huge amount of features and the funny thing is no one was complaining about that and why would they as the things gamers were asking for was not pertaining to the things they removed so this alone is why many in the community can't enjoy the game to it's full potential as it is not to it's full potential.
    the fact is that gamers will get bored fast with the current features as that simple thing of removing loadouts for titans have players restricted more now that before so it makes for even less content to explore in game as it clearly shows , the Tone titan and maybe the ION and Ronin are the three titans that are being played the most , ask yourself WHY is that . and this is a FACT

so like i said i want them to step up and change the world as for when they were making titanfall 1 which was their first game they did it right with limited resources . i wanted them to take the core concept that they discovered and bring it to the world of playstation and expand on their core concepts and refine them .
    look at the videos below to their core values and concepts they have compared to what you are saying is two completely different things , what you are pushing is what EA wants and it is another COD franchise. gamers and myself don't want that we want Titanfall to be what it set out to be and better not watered down and while the game is good titanfall 2 is watered down and that is a fact as you also admitted that you have to adapt to the game one only addap when there is a major change or elements that will cause you to adapt one has to adapt to a scenario as to gain the same end result of an objective , and in this case gamers are adapting to gain the fun factor and unique feel that titanfall one has . and while one would say they don't miss it , reasons for that if one adapts so much to something after a while they become season to that scenario and forgets what it is to be like how they started out to be and those who did not experience that feeling when they do get a taste of what the original features they will assume it is new and great as they have nothing to compare to other wise what they only experience.

so this is what i mean by a game being watered down to bring in a new fan base and from post from other members pointed out this was done to build the fan base with new customers and gamers due to what they can familiarise them self with what is currently out there , this tactic is a big risk but yet it is a business tactic and i hope it works .

so believe me everything you think you know i already know and all the points you try to point out to me up to now you can't even prove me wrong or different or otherwise give a reason to what makes the game better or to become better as all of your ideas like the battery idea you stated in a post ps i came up with that long before you even mention it here and on the original site and is one if not the first idea i have seen you inputted to a like how i say to a better product .
    like i said before focus you questions to the DEV's and EA look at the concerns of the many and the few and read between the lines of what they are saying sometimes you tend to interpret things too literally .

• Like Like x 1
  18. Trini Chinese

yep Lack of Content , and this may not be the only factor as there are other things to take into consideration. for the PC side the game was a hit but like dark said if one takes to long to deliver can result in a loss , also on PC the lack of matchmaking and policing of cheaters on servers turned off a lot of it's user base and many will just move on to other things .

limited demographic at the time of a major change in the console war as playstation and xbox were changing to new consoles they were limited to just the pc and the xbox and not on the playstation where playstation was gaining major steam at the time so a lost option to gain a new fan base as it was there first game something many have ask why would they or anyone would do that , who knows.

now in my belief and as Dark Bawgs have stated before a lot of the features and content may rear it's head and brought back in the near future but that's being hopeful as he is right to point out that gamers like yourself are what the game needs right now and they are gambling on this then only to show gamers out there what they really got in store but that's a gamble as this also alienates the fan base they already also have gained and will have to do something to address that also . only if and only if they can gain enough or more that they expected in new players in a bigger demographic than they can like the term which Dark use in business is called fire the customer as the new fan base will make up for the loses , while i don't always agree with that tactic it is a way that many corporate companies see and look at these consumers .

also one has to take into account that EA wants to buy Respawn and as an independent DEV if the game is a complete success the IP will be Expensive to buy but if there market shares drop there will be an opportunity to buy and integrate respawn as an internal DEV as this will make more of the BOTTOM LINE for EA . this is also a big possibility hence the ODD launch window of titanfall 2 and the ODD decision to put the game being it's first on a limited demographic like the first .
    so believe me there is more in the background that has been playing out , respawn decision also in a way to take the Shit from EA is also a way for them to gain licenses for other titles like star wars.

both games are great and having a new gamer like yourself and many to come who have not even experience the first game want many of the features of the first to be in the second game is a beautiful thing as it proves the point that gamers just want more and a different experience that what the COD franchise did , we want new , we want more , with a bit of the old with in reason this is what Respawn did with titanfall 1 they made something new and i hope others and them expand on that and hope corporate companies don't shut down the core concept just because of dirty business tactics just to gain their bottom line or there agender as in the end it's us the gamers that will ultimately lose out in the end . ant that is the experience games bring to one lives that is the only thing a gamer ever gains and that is the experience of being entertained it is what video games were made for .

and i believe that wile Respawn is a company that will want to profit they started out with the passion of making something great as a gamer first and profit after. and they have a winning formula on their hands with that core concept .

19. Trini Chinese

20. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

All very interesting and all very old; a lot has changed since then and I am still optimistic. It is a shame that you are so stuck in the past because you are missing the here and now. The personal attack on IK was uncalled for and totally unnecessary. You like to say it is a fact but it is only a fact to you unless you have some empirical data to back it up.

I don't want to chastise you but sometimes we all get a bit carried away and should rain it in. We all want the same thing just each of us sees things from our own perspective and we should all respect each other for that.

Your views are often right on the mark and I support you but felt it necessary to speak out this time. Sorry but I had to give my perspective to recent posts.