What's After Gen 10 - Worth Watching...

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by DARK BAWGS, Dec 14, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I think this is a good video and good news if it is accurate. I shows one of two things:
    1. Respawn has been listening and made adjustments based on the communities concerns - this would be a good thing.
    2. Respawn has always had a master strategy because they understood what the community really wants and needs - this is also good news as it would show that they are indeed tuned in to.
    Either way it augers well for the future if this is a sign of things to come, these guys are usually on the mark so I only hope they are right on this one. This would go along way to keeping players engaged.

• Like Like x 4
  2. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

A nice carrot on a stick to chase!

3. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

I really hope they bring back the challenges.

Is the video suggesting 11-15 is already there, but we have to complete hidden challenges?

Or are they going to implement the challenges at a later date?

4. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Not sure, but got the impression they are there but you can't access them at present; that seems to be why they think the challenges are the next step.

5. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

I hope we know what the challenges are and they're not hidden.

By the way thank you for the video

6. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Seems interesting. I think that'd be awesome.

7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Challenges to Level 15 would be a good start. I could do without the weapon, titan and faction levelling up stuff, especially when the only payoff is cosmetics. What I was hoping for in TF2 was just no cap on Gens and with just randomly generated, increasingly harder challenges as you moved up. If you wanted to though and you played long enough, you could eventually get to a Gen 70, Level 50, or a Gen 120, Level 50, or even a Gen 210, Level 50. The only limits would be what you put on yourself time-wise. The other benefit of this is that it would give you a more clearer picture of who you were facing on the other team. In TF1, if you were across from a Gen 10, Level 50, there was no way to tell if he just got there yesterday or 2 years ago. I mean, I had 4 profiles, because I wanted to keep completing the challenges. My first time through took me 6 months, but my last time through took me about 13 days (about 3 days and 9 hours of actual in-game time). So, if I had been able to keep completing challenges and Regenerating, in the 2 years and 7 months I played the game, I probably could have gotten up to around a Gen 50, Level 10 depending on how hard the increasingly hard challenges would have been. But it would have kept me challenged and painted a better picture of what they were facing to the other team when they saw me.

8. SgtPain

SgtPain Generation 4

ooh! I do hope so!

I find the current regenerating system trivial at best. I couldn't give a fig about camos unless they confer a tactical advantage which they don't.

Already on Gen 4 and for my money it's far too easy. With the Christmas break and double XP days I'll probably get to Gen 6 by new year. Without the challenges players will get to max gen far too quick, get bored and move on. The introduction of the challenges will keep the game fresh for longer.

9. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I maxed out yesterday.......boring..

Took no skills....just time played to level up....

• Like Like x 2
  10. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Nevertheless, congratulations are in order. Job well done.

11. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Good job Colonel;)... @KernelClamjuice.:D

12. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

That is what I have been saying all along - this will not keep people playing after Gen 10 it is boring especially with so few maps. If 11 - 15 require you to meet challenges great...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

yep. agreed. am telling you they need to do something different , and wile i understand they may implement this in part 3 they really need to have some variety , the game is getting boring really fast , camo skins are cool but has no real impact in game just on your menu screen as the red glow takes away form the experience even if it helps players they could have implement something different. .to identify the enemy. character models per faction and class makes a difference even a spot feature would be cool from a visual point of view .
    coop modes and a beef up ai in the current game modes even a bigger player cap. 8 v 8 is last gen .
    even with challenges what do we really get , we get a badge or symbol , wile that's cool i would like to have something i can use in game .
    i remembered i played the coop missions in battlefield 3 to unlock weapons and even the story mode 3 times to get a different weapon to play in game with .