Why is the Plasma Railgun so horrible? Any how-to tips?

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Sulq, May 1, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

That's how I used it. After using it awhile, you get used to the Plasma Railgun and how it works. I'm Gen 5 now.

2. A green sofa

A green sofa Generation 2

Good luck with the goosers.

3. JasonC

JasonC Generation 1

I also found this morning that although I doomed about 6 or 7 titans I only moved up by 3 points on the challenge board. Its quite frustrating and takes some of the fun out of the game but I still love and wont stop playing.

4. A green sofa

A green sofa Generation 2

There are a lot worse things than the rail gun. Have fun with it. It isn't that bad.

5. ParaNormanBates

ParaNormanBates Generation 4

Wait till you get to Gen 9 ;-) Because you'd need 50 critical hits with that gun. It's easier to get those critical hits with a needle. It took me 46 titan kills to get 50 critical hits.

But on a serious note, this is the highest damage weapon as long as you don't miss. Because its a very thin laser beam.

My suggestion:
    Play LTS w/Ogre and Particle Shield and stay on the farthest most part of the map. It's a weapon of destruction in maps like Boneyard and Lagoon. The FOV in the new update has improved so it would be a lot easier now to charge and shoot in lower range.

After you get 10 kills, you'll get the Instant Shot which also has a pretty good damage rate. Use that in the Attrition close range combats with an Atlas/Smoke/Clustered Missile and you can pretty much get at least 2 titan kills per game.

Also, if you are on xbox one, make sure to keep your RS settings to at least default. I'm not sure what that's called. It's basically something that controls your turn speed.

6. PutTheFBackIn

PutTheFBackIn Generation 2

After the regen requirement and the Pull Harder achievement, I left that gun where it belongs... In f*cking exile. I even throw away the amped plasma burn card out of spite.

7. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Can't add to this one, I just found I had to be patient with it, I had to back off and look for times when I was in a two on one, let the other titan take the shots and just finish them off, kill steal in other words...Ha!

8. RoaRawR

RoaRawR Generation 1

Can't aim for sweet spots (red area) = it sucks
    Can aim for sweet spots = it is fine and good

Could a few tweaking but best improvment would be stop auto zoom so hard when you charge it

but compare to other guns? I feel like most issues is that 40 cal is just great at everything and arc just give up a little range to remove every plasma guns downsides( also can bounce to take out pilots on yourself is super great)

9. OJsBl00dyGl0ve2

OJsBl00dyGl0ve2 Generation 1

Well well well... Look who it be
    I must agree, treat it as a distance weapon

• Like Like x 1
  10. Iron Man

Iron Man Generation 4

Think the help, tips & advise to this has long been answered.

People just keep repeating what has been said on page 1. Plus everyone should be well practiced by now.

Mod's you can lock this?

11. GruntSlayer

GruntSlayer Generation 2

It's only a bad weapon if you try to use it like you would with one of the starter weapons. In a flat out DPS contest it loses to the others most of the time; if you just stand out in the open, that is. If you let the other Titan plink away at your health while charging the weapon, then you will lose.

The trick to using it effectively is to utilise the nearby terrain and structures to your advantage - if they only shoot at you when you come out of cover fully charged then you will do *way* more damage to the other Titan than what you'll take yourself. This is sometimes easier said than done though, as most players will try to close the gap when they realise what weapon you have. (and trust me, when their shields are brought down with a single shot they *will* know). The best way to counter this is by using area-denial equipment like the cluster missiles and electric smoke to either stop them coming close or force them to take a lot of damage in doing so.

You'll also need to target the red-zones if you want to deal with them quickly. This might seem like a daunting task if you think you don't have the reflexes or lag too much, but it is much easier if you keep at long range and stick to areas with narrow lanes of approach. Remember that it helps to play in a way that makes things easier for you. Oftentimes the players with the best skills will try to play in such a way that they won't *need* superior skills to succeed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Iron Man

Iron Man Generation 4

Out standing.

Three and a half months later, I think everyone gets it by now ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Crazy wee man

Crazy wee man Generation 2

Noo don't kill steel.... Accidentally always get the last shot......

Edit..... Just realised this is an oooold thread :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

I already passed the challenge.

15. Iron Man

Iron Man Generation 4

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

So, in summary, what's a good technique?

17. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

• Like Like x 1