Why No Mic????

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by BallisticDad, Mar 30, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

So I have a serious question/rant...

Why do people buy a MULTIPLAYER ONLINE console, with a MULTIPLAYER ONLINE game, connect it to the MULTIPLAYER ONLINE internet, join the MULTIPLAYER ONLINE servers and play this MULTIPLAYER ONLINE game...

With out a freakin MULTIPLAYER HEADSET!

For F's Sake, Microsoft gives you a FREE one!

2. daennika

daennika Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

You can blame self-loathing and social anxiety for that. I know it's those two reasons why I never use my headset.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TwinStripeUK

TwinStripeUK Generation 2

To be honest, headset and mic are a blessing and a curse for MP gaming - when they're used properly it's great to work as a team and chat while waiting in the lobbies. When they're not you just get people munching snacks, belching, screaming obscenities and threats or blowing into the mic constantly like a puffed-out racehorse.

I'd like to use my XO-Fours more often, but the idiots just put me off it..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Aside from my "self loathing and social anxiety", I find it odd very few players use a mic. BUT, when the game does NOT have in game VOIP, they really gripe that they want it!!!!

5. daennika

daennika Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

When my brother and I used to play coop we'd use third-party voice chat so as not to bother the rest of the team with our shouting.

Afterwards, I tried to keep using voice for teamwork but that didn't last long. It was in my early COD years, and when I did some raiding in WoW. It's harder in FPS games (PC) and especially when you have a female voice. I'm just too old and too tired to have to deal with immature players.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kaze

Kaze Generation 2

This. When me and my friend play Titanfall we're usually chatting on Skype so as not to annoy the other players. And when I'm streaming I usually juts mute the others in the lobby in case of any unwanted noise or feedback from their mics.

But it would be nice to actually to talk to team-mates and properly co-ordinate and pair up in twos for Hardpoint and LTS matches

• Like Like x 1
  7. tommy290

tommy290 Generation 3

If I'm using my headset, I'm on Teamspeak. It just functions better. PTT is annoying for me, so I like to have hot mic. That being said, I've got kids who don't know the meaning of "indoor voices". Thus, I don't want to be on with random people who will find them annoying rather than funny.

8. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

A lot of you that are responding are coming from the PC side. With a pass in PC, I understand the value behind Ventrilo and Team Speak and the privacy behind it. This could be compared to Xbox Party chat. I also understand that some people can be annoying and this is why there is a mute feature. I also here yah on the female voice thing, it could be very annoying when prepubescent teens are hitting on you over the mic!

All this being said, dont give up on the rest of us!

A multiplayer experience is ALWAYS better with more than one person. Its hard to communicate with no mic. Plug it in and give us a shot.

9. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

My headset sounds like im onboard the russian spacestation Sputnick, lots of whistling and bells, Now on my g35 headset before the mic broke i always used my headset in multiplayer games but until i get a new decent headset i just don't use the ingame comms.

10. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

Sorry to be a hard ass, but this is no excuse! lol
    Walmart has them cheap for a temporary fix with a 30 day return policy. We want to hear your Russian space station voice! lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

"For F's Sake, Microsoft gives you a FREE one!"

Lmfaooo0o0oo0o0oo i laughed so lout when i read this lmfaoooo my co-workers are probably thinking wtf is wrong with this guy. But wow you are right nobody talks in Titanfall or for any game in fact it sucks when there is no communication.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

Thank you! Someone that feels my pain!

• Like Like x 1
  13. daennika

daennika Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

In my habit of analysing everything, it seems like the players don't really associate with their characters in the game. Must be the faceless helmets and/or the mechs? Could be that using their own voice would be too humanizing, and they'd feel less "cool" if they spoke out loud.

14. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

Yea there are a lot of issues with this game but it would help if people actually communicate still epic game tho XD

• Like Like x 1
  15. daennika

daennika Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

What annoyed me the most were the sexist remarks as in "MAKE ME A SANDWICH" or "attention whore" etc. I had to grow thick skin in my youth, but over time what doesn't kill you makes you... emotionally numb. And that's not a good thing.

Anyway yeah, I'd be willing to use voice again given the right context, and I want to hear the Sputnik voice and I want to curse out loud and shoot people from the top of a buddy's titan. "KEEP IT STEADY DAMNIT!"

• Like Like x 4
  16. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

Ehh I doubt it only because that would be the case in any and every videogame. I used to play halo 3 religiously and frankly you would get a lot of people who would talk. (some we wish wouldn't but yes you would have some form of communication) Now and days people might just be becomming more anti-social. This game also is not that comeptitive due to the fact of NPC's running everywhere which could also be an aspect of the reason why people feel as they don't need to communicate. (sorry for the horrible spelling it's never been my strong suit, and my best friend spell check doesn't make an apperance here lolz)

• Like Like x 1
  17. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

I'm with you on this one. I have played many many games and I have not come across a game with less plugged in microphones. Normally, I need to mute a few people or ask them to take their mic away from their face. Not in TF.

When I play TF, this is how I feel:

Just want some cool company to play with...

18. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

IT'S always about WHO you PLAY with................................NOT the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Just like work............you can have the worst job in the world, but have a great bunch of team mates and everything is so much better! ;) Believe me I know from experience.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

This is true but you don't always have people around to play, sometimes you want to play but nobody is around and then you have the internet to fight with. Which well in this game is a bunch of people that don't talk.

20. TheIncredibleGeek

TheIncredibleGeek Generation 2

I guess some people prefer not to talk to strangers. The only time I'll go online with a mic, is when I'm playing with friends I know/in a party with people.