Will Homefront:The Revoluition Get cancelled Now?had someone do it for them)

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Kingkat54, Dec 17, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

After this latest fiasco by N Korea, (still say THEY did not do it, but had some one do it for them), the game Homefront:The Revolution, will it get cancelled?
    Its a sequel to the first game where N Korea invades the US and we fight back.

Starting to see movie theaters cave in in fear of internet reprisals. Its almost a bad, really bad SNL skit.

IMHO, I say it was an inside job to get revenge on a few key players from a very disgruntled employee. Otherwise, why release specific emails?

Just my two cents;)

2. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

If it gets cancelled it won't be because of NK, but Crytek stuffing it up! That game is a curse to developers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Its a shame.............a pretty good premise but the game just didn't deliver. WE, the US, could have played the "home-field-advantage-freedom-fighters" for a change. So many possibilities for a shooter.

Ah well........................;)

4. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Exactly, but they ended up playing it too safe and not different enough from the generic shooters. Wasted opportunity!

5. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

I have always wondered why a game producer has not tried this angle. Where we are the invaded nation, we have to fight our way through to push back the invaders. A real "rag-tag" group, made from just people that want to really take the country back!

Could have just regular citizens, as well as a "survivalist-type" group, ex-military, ex-police, the possibilities are endless.

6. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Was there not a level or two on CoD MW2 where the US was being invaded?

7. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

I think so............might have been the SP campaign only???? And Rainbow Six Vegas tried. Most of what has been done is SP only, never in MP.
    IF,I had the ability, and a really great big, humongous bag of cash.........:D.......I would create a game like that!
    Totally MP..........we are the invaded country and have to fight as "freedom fighters" against the invaders. (use your own named country, nation, wacky group). Fight not as military, but as just regular people (by day) and freedom fighters (by night). Similar to the French Resistance during WW2.

As you play, your abilities with various weapons increases. Similar to ranking up in other games, but gaining skills and abilities, that can be used in game. Quicker reloading, better aiming, being quieter, etc. I would also have characters that your "make". Like various faces, body types, male/female, older, younger, etc.

And, after I pay for this "over the top fps" game, I'd share what was left of my cash with everyone here. Party Time!!!!!!:p

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Get the Kickstarter up and running. I'll be the 1st backer!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

I know that my friend!!!!!!!!!! ;)