Are you planning to upgrade your PC for Titanfall?

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by WhoIsDo, Dec 9, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sienzyyy

Sienzyyy Generation 3

Yeah after your post I had to read over the specs, but I think 1080p/30fps is perfect, even 720p/60fps would be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zisha

Zisha Generation 4

#22 Zisha, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    I'm only worried about the RAM. I got 8Gb :S

3. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

Games aren't going to use more than 2-2.5GB for themselves for a while, and even if they do, it won't be an instantaneous jump to 4-6GB of use. That'll come gradually as people figure out how to make proper PC games since the new consoles have PC architectures and parts once they stop making games for the old machines.

4. Sienzyyy

Sienzyyy Generation 3

Using 8GB of RAM right now and I run everything perfectly. Will be upgrading to 16 but not because I have to.

The day 6 core processors will be needed for gaming will be glorious and expensive. Going to be going with a 6 core processor when I upgrade my CPU next year.

5. KingOfGaems

KingOfGaems Helpin' you in the best way, day by day.
    Elite Pilot

You mean like an i7 4930k series? Ouch, $500-600 right there. I was thinking about getting one too though :p

6. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

Eh they're already needed if you count Battlefield... kind of. That game eats up as many cores as you toss at it. It likes total processing power and doesn't particularly like hyperthreading either. But most other games? Not really. Someday though, someday it may happen. Won't be very soon however... quadcores are still a basic thing for gamers, but good hexacores are way too expensive for the little benefit they bring in gaming. When they become the norm, it might become more commonplace... though someday we might see some "ultra" specs requiring either a quad with HT or AMD's 8-core XD

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sienzyyy

Sienzyyy Generation 3

Yep! I will have to spend around $900 because don't forget about the motherboard! However, I'll ask for it as a birthday or christmas gift :p.

• Like Like x 1
  8. KingOfGaems

KingOfGaems Helpin' you in the best way, day by day.
    Elite Pilot

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2LVkg This is the build I've been making and tweaking as time goes by, hopefully to get this done and finish by around the middle of 2015. I was going to go with a 4930k, but the budget for me is kinda around the $2000 mark.

9. Adamor

Adamor Generation 1

I`m currently thinking about do i have to buy more ram. I know minimum requirements are 4GB, but many games that says so on the box accually run pretty well on my 2.5GB computer. So here is the question: could anyone check how much ram does TITANFALL use in game and tell me? That would be sooo helpful! :)

10. GeneralOurumov00

GeneralOurumov00 Generation 1

I upgraded my mobo, CPU and RAM mid 2012. I had been running my current CPU, mobo and RAM for 4.5 years at that point. Then just last year I upgraded my video card. That will probably be upgraded soon just so I can get one that work with a full coverage water block. As it is, I already have all visual settings maxed out and still have no problems with framerate.

11. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

Titanfall uses 1.5GB or so of system RAM at max settings.

12. boise

boise Generation 4

I bought the fastest SSD I could get my hands on when I saw the loading times in-game (I already used an SSD, but a relatively slow one). Much good that did me. You know that screen just before the game begins where you see "Waiting for players (x/8)" where we wait for at least eight players be connected before the game actually starts? Before my upgrade, I usually got there with 2-5 seconds left on the deadline timer. After the upgrade I now have about 20-25 seconds to wait there. Meaning that I still wait exactly the same amount of time between games as before :/

But it was a good investment anyway. I have moved all my games to this 500GB SSD and they load a lot faster now :)