Back to gen1 please

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Illegalwalnut, Jan 7, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

All you guys genning up again... meanwhile I've been playing since release and I'm Gen 9.
    I got 10 more MVP's, then I'm Gen 10! I honestly can't wait. For the last 3 games I join, I'm going to be whipping out 3 instant titan burncards each game and BURN THIS CHALLENGE TO THE GROUND!
    Can't really imagine how my drive for Titanfall will be affected after I get those glorious achievements!

• Like Like x 3
  2. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Get er done!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Gen 10 yet?? Mustn't be far off now!!

4. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

On the cusp of gen 7, spent last night in a frontier defense lobby getting my rodeo and the last of my triple threat kills (was taking too goddamn long in attrition) Need another 10 pilot kills with the lmg and I'm set. I had a bunch of those lmg burn cards, love that thing, especially when the pilots and grunts turn to giblets on killing them.

• Like Like x 2
  5. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Good luck to all of you regen's. I am still hanging on to my gen 10 for a while yet. At least I plan to when I get back from the holiday in the sun.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

@A4eaTransformer You've held on to that Gen 10 status long enough and have even taken it on holiday with you for some fun in the sun. Today is my first full day as a regenerated Gen 5. I'm sure some variation of (maybe) A-Train is available for your other gamertag.:D

• Like Like x 1
  7. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

As bruvas said earlier......Gen 10 yet?:D

• Like Like x 1
  8. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Man, I'm gen 2, loved the shotty last time but was a pain in the a£se this time round.. But love the 40mm! Your blazing ahead now!

9. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

It's nice to have the 'undercover' feel when re-starting out. And the challenges give a bit of focus.. It's also great however, to jump back to the regular account now and then, where it feels like home:D

10. The Juggernaut

Worse of news....
    The LB of my controller popped out during a match... LB is my JUMP key!!!!
    Backup controller it is! Can't use my mic, and the analog stick drift is pretty bad I had to turn the settings for drift control onto 'high' and trying to move LS up can be a little rigid.

I got... 5 more MVPs to go! Plan to finish them on the weekend when I get time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. The Juggernaut

5...more...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Christ, you can nearly taste it!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I have become an expert at fixing the LB. I got tired of returning controllers after a week which is all it takes me to trash a LB. it is an easy fix but there are two pitfalls (not to Use to much or drippy glue that it drips on to the left stick ball base and do not glue it with the bumper depressed all the way). Basically a little glue will fix it to 95% original capacity. Let me know F you want me to be more detailed in the explanation.

14. The Juggernaut

Sure. So far I have taped it back on, and it has gotten back to working order. Only problem is that the left most side is.. desensitized you could say. Takes a lot of force so I have to move my finger more inwards into the controller (near the glowing button). Not comfortable and makes you put a lot of force on the thumbsticks haha.
    I'm interested in your fix, so far I didn't want to try glue in fear of messing up.

15. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Well been sitting on level 50 gen 7 just getting the last of the executions in the stryder. Feels like I get these all the time, until I start counting them and realise I don't get many at all. Had fun with the semi auto rifle this time (G24 something something). With match trigger on it, although it gets a fair bit more upward recoil, is pretty hardcore at close range.

16. The Juggernaut

I prefer the ext mags for the G2A4. I can spam it as much as I want, but the recol stays the same unlike having to consciously pace shots with match trigger.
    And yea, I definitely know about the execution feeling. I was getting plenty of assassinations with Ogres until I regen'd and got the challenge to get execution kills with the Ogre. Then it felt like I was getting only a few here and there.

17. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah, agree, I ended up using ext mags on one class and match trigger on the other, if the map was tight I went match trigger, if it was more open I posted up with ext. mags. It is a purists weapon the G2A4. It gave me a wonderful sense of achievement once I was in step with it, and when your connection is really good it is surprisingly forgiving.
    And executions, as you know, getting them with the stryder is relatively easy but when you actually have to post up 25 of them well, say 1-2 a match, that is a grind. o_O:)

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Juggernaut

Now that I have the freedom to use any gun whenever I please, I think I'll use the G2A4 to recover from all the smart pistol farming. That thing is difficult to use, but once you get accustomed with it, you pick up a Carbine and instantly dominate.
    And Ogre executions... hate when they go nuke eject on ya!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah, agreed. It takes you back to basics to do well (good position, good awareness, good platform and good aim). It does however take a good deal of patience and lack of ego. Everytime I use it and I start getting dominated I can't help but pull out my stomping class to get some revenge and then never go back to it. :rolleyes:

20. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

True that:D