Can't get the hang of this.. :(

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by Thraka, Nov 13, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Get in a corner... side to side going up.

2. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

The only thing I would say about parkour is that there is a point to it, parkour allows you to move about the map far faster and also makes you far harder to hit, but if you are unaware of the map, spawns and traffic then it's all too nothing. Check out warspirituk on youtube, he has some great videos on parkour routes....

3. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Patience is key I think. Don't jump off the wall too early, and don't use the second jump to early either. Focus ahead on where you are going to jump vs the other wall you intend to land on.

After that, it's practice. Try loading a private match on Rise for a practice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bliteyyy

Bliteyyy Generation 2

Anyway,might as well give a few tips of what I have learned since playing.

*As a pilot, you should try and minimise the amount of time you spend in the open on the ground, particularly when titans are beginning to be called in.

*Parkour is essential, this game places most of its emphasis on movement. It allows you to cover massive distances quickly and if you are aware when you are doing it you can easily identify other pilots, titans, grunts etc.

*When you get a titan your focus should be primarily on staying alive while moving around the map. You don't have to shoot everything you see, particularly other titans. A lot of the time it is better to ignore titans when they are not shooting at you. Most of the time it is best to avoid 1v1s (in attrition) as you can get more points in the same time period and suffer less damage as opposed to fighting a titan. If you have numbers then be more inclined to fight other titans, as it takes away from the other teams scoring ability.

*Playing attrition? Use minion detector, amazes me that some don't. Even in other playlists it can be useful as it gives you an idea as to where enemy pilots are spawning as well as giving you an easy way to reduce time to your next titan/power up.

*It isn't always best to shoot enemy pilots you see, particularly across map. You don't have a guarantee for the kill and will basically alert the pilot to where you are, which increases your chances of dying. A lot of the time it is better to get closer without being spotted as it increases your chances of getting the kill while decreasing your chances of dying.

*Try not to chase everything. Most of the time chasing is the wrong option, however most seem to still do it. There are times where chasing is the right thing to do, however these times are fairly minimal. You are more likely to give points away when you chase.

*Try to avoid tunnel vision. This is where you only focus on what you are shooting at/doing at that particular moment. Tunnel vision seems to be a problem the majority of Titanfall gamers have.

• Like Like x 3
  5. jeff holloway

jeff holloway Generation 2

Absolutely ..a person's rank doesn't always reflect skill...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

Absolutely. And some people don't even rank up in the first place and stick to a low gen. That doesn't mean they suck... they can have some pretty nasty tricks to kill you sometimes lol!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Exactly right. I'm gen 10 and I'll be the first to admit it wasn't my "skill" that got me there. It was my love of the game... and I still enjoy playing it. If you're not having fun playing Titanfall... you must not be playing Titanfall. Because Titanfall is a game. And games are fun. At least that's how it is in my crazy world.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. jeff holloway

I'm one of themI got so aggravated with bugs ananproblems being booted off I stopped at Gen 2...but now,since many more are playing, I've started back...NOW I HAVE TO KILL, I DONT KNOW 500 grunts and pilots to level up....oh well

9. jeff holloway

Yes I'm Fret Killer 64...haha

10. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Hopefully all those issues would get cleared up for you so that you could the full enjoyment. I suffer with some lag issues sometimes and it frustrating as h e double hockey sticks.:mad:

11. jeff holloway

Drives me nuts..esp.when you finish and the" spinning circle of death" knocks you out....

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Ala Kramer from Seinfeld... "That cats out of the bag!!!":D

• Like Like x 1
  13. D4u2s0t

D4u2s0t Generation 3

While I'm certainly no pro, I can hold my own in this game. If anyone likes, feel free to send a message, I'd be happy to spend a few minutes in a private game giving you some pointers, tips, etc. to help get you on your feet a little quicker. The biggest, quickest tips I could easily give are:

1) This is not COD or other shooters, GET OFF THE GROUND. NOW. Like seriously, stop what you're doing, and get off the ground. The #1 way to die in this game is to run around on the ground. Guaranteed death. Don't do it. You may as well just say where you are, and drop grenades at your feet. HUGE mistake. Really, really can't emphasize this enough.
    2) This is not a "campy" game. Places have too many entrances and exits. Someone that has learned the maps probably has 10 or so ways to access your location, and you can't watch them all. Staying still is a great way to die. If I'm going into a building, I try to take a look around, see if there's enemies. If there's not, run in, do a quick scan of the room, and continue on. Before jumping out, I'll take a second and stop at the window, look for threats, and proceed accordingly.
    3) If you must move into the open, use your cloak.
    4) Know the limitations of your favorite weapon. 101 carbine is pretty versatile, all around gun. But you're going to have a hard time in CQC fights agains say a good shotgun player, or a good r97 user. Pick your battles wisely, there's no sense engaging an enemy in a situation that is almost guaranteed death. That guy half the map away? Don't bother shooting him with your r97, you're not going to kill him, and you're going to reveal your position to the enemy.
    5) Learn the maps, learn some shortcuts, and know how to navigate.
    6) Use the walls, wall running, & jet packs to your advantage when navigating. I can't tell you how many times I'm running on the walls, and notice someone standing around on the ground. Kill them before they even know where I am, and move on. Re-Read #1. don't be that guy. Be the guy getting the easy kills on the #1's. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Nice piece, agree wholeheartedly, however I ran into a couple of guys last night, i wish i could remember their GT's, they were good, really good players. When you camp I assume you mean in the corner with cloak and/or wall hacks waiting for a rusher coming through. That I would agree with, but last night these guys were working traffic areas like bosses, pretty sure they were partied up because they were often pre-aiming me in said areas and they ran in packs in titans and swatted off rodeoers straight away...and these guys could shoot, they were just melting me. Anyways...the point I was trying to make is that strategic management of traffic specific areas (camping...ha) is a useful way to run if you have a bunch of mad rushers and as you said your map knowledge is good.

Addendum - Just reading this back I have realised that this was just a disguised attempt to have a whinge about being dominated...carry on. ha!

• Funny Funny x 1