Gooser Challenge- Oh My Goodness

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by LAxSainte, Mar 16, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. xtexasfightx

xtexasfightx Generation 2

This challenge sucks.

2. xtexasfightx

xtexasfightx Generation 2

I'm going to break something if I can't do this. Fuck this.

3. Mouskatool

Mouskatool Stand by for Titanfall
    Elite Pilot

LOL OMG the bitching about this challenge is unreal.

If these challenges aren't enjoyable for you, then why do you even want to regen? Why not just get on the game, get to level 5o, unlock everything, and play for FUN. I assure you, regening doesn't unlock anything extra.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Captain Sierra

Captain Sierra Generation 2

I find the arc cannon is amazing for this if you can find the guy. The weapon has a small cone of fire in which if the target is, he will pretty much get vaporized. The hard part is to find them. IF you can spot the bastards, actually shooting them becomes trivial if you can aim pretty well, which I doubt you can't if you're at gen 5 already. I can nail the suckers often, but that's only when I find them quickly enough to line up the shot before they hit the ground.

Perfectly reasonable. I don't focus on the challenges so I have not unlocked all weapon attachments as a result (I'm up in the 40s now). I don't plan on regening for a while. I wanna enjoy my crap rather than lock it all again. Unless you're trying to prove something (if you are, to whom really?), there's no reason to just push through to gen 10. What happens then? It's a multiplayer game first and foremost, therefore it cannot be beaten. You can't win every match consistently so you're guaranteed to never officially beat the game.

5. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

Just because people want to vent their frustrations doesn't mean they don't want to regen.

6. scott.viperz

scott.viperz Generation 1

If any of you still up for doing this let me know. I am sick of this challenge now

7. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Really kids? You're going to cheat?

So disappointing yet typical.

Give excuses all you want. What's working against you is that so many have completed the challenge.

It's meant to weed out people who can't hack it. Which...apparently is you guys if you have to cheat.

Comforting to know we've got forum users that are no better than the shitty boosters from CoD.

Way to take the game down a peg guys.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kyoshi

Kyoshi Generation 2

Spoken like a true elitist. Yes, people have been able to do this challenge, it isn't impossible, but it is insanely unfair and not fun in the slightest.

With a GOOD challenge, say, critically conditioned with the charge rifle, the odds are not so unfairly stacked against you. It takes time and precision yes, hence the challenging part, but it is not so unbelievably unfair that it is insanely frustrating.

With gooser, you have to kill a pilot, while they are in mid air, only after they eject. This means, if they cloak after ejecting, you most likely will not kill them, you have to do so without getting killed yourself, it is nearly impossible to see them let alone shoot them, there is also the fact of people that use auto titan a lot and those that don't even eject. and it really breaks the rhythm of the game. Yay, just to Regen again I have to waste my time going purely after titans and hoping like hell that I can somehow manage to hit a little tiny target and kill them before they hit the ground. I CANNOT EVEN DO THIS ONCE. How the hell am I supposed to do this 50 times? And even then, what is the fun it this whole ordeal?

It's a shame. I love leveling up in games like these, to me that is half of the fun, but no, they have to introduce a challenge that is far less challenging and more for just relying purely on luck and wasting time. That, is bullsh*t. At the very least, the number needs to be toned down a lot. Like I said, Critically Conditioned was a FAR better designed challenge and you have to get LESS hits with it!

This challenge alone is killing my enthusiasm for the game. Something so unbelievably frustrating and luck based shouldn't be required to continue leveling up.

9. Mouskatool

Elite Pilot

Go play something else then.

10. Kyoshi

Kyoshi Generation 2

Wow, that was creative. Spoken like another true elitist. I find the game fun, but I also love the leveling up aspect of it. This challenge is insanely bonkers and that is fact.

11. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

"Elitist" is entitled child for "this person disagrees with me." :) Everything can't be handed to you, lil' guy.

Just because I agree with the developers that this challenge is challenging. And am rising to the occasion.....doesn't make me elitist. By definition you're saying I think only elite people should be able to handle this challenge. On the contrary...I believe if you're going to re-gen, only people who put in the work should be allowed to move on. Not have anything handed to me because it's hard :(

Re-read what you just wrote. You're saying you don't have the skill to do this yet. The goal behind that is....this will challenge you. And help you CULTIVATE the skill. To be able to do this regularly in-game. Thus making you better from that point on. Because you earned it. You put in the time. The effort. And acquired skill.

I get it. Games in the past 10 years have gotten easier and easier. You're not used to having to work that hard.

The entire mindset of younger people bitching and saying "it's wasting my time" baffles me. You're not finishing the sentence. It's "It's wasting my time to have to get better at the game to move on."

Respectfully....get over it. And try harder. Work past the frustration. Get. Better.

If not? I echo @Mouskatool ... go play something else.

12. Mouskatool

Elite Pilot

So the game is fun, it's the optional part of leveling that you have a problem with? Why is regenerating so important to you if you have no interest in being challenged?

You can unlock everything and play multiplayer without having to regenerate. The regeneration option is there for people who want to be challenged.

13. Kyoshi

Kyoshi Generation 2

Read my post again. It's the not challenging part that bothers me. It is the fact that the challenge is completely unfair. There is a difference in a challenge that is actually challenging (Critically conditioned) and a challenge that is only challenging solely because of how unfair it actually is. That is my point.

14. Kyoshi

Kyoshi Generation 2

Gee, I remember posting about how this challenge actually relies solely on luck and actually backing that argument up, which I did. Yeah, I sure am going to get better at seeing a high speed target that is nearly invisible in the middle of a match and I am surrounded by other titans and pilots. Yeah, that sure sound alike a situation that is COMPLETELY based on skill level. Get the f*ck off your goddamn high horse.

15. Mouskatool

Elite Pilot

How is it unfair? Everyone that wants to regenerate has to complete the same challenge.

16. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Ding ding ding.

There's the immaturity and entitlement peeking out. Just because you can't do it doesn't make it unfair. It's not LUCK if you get better. You're just admitting you're not good at it. And that's FINE. We all have to start somewhere. But if you want to move on, you're going to need to do it. And I scourge you to keep at it.

And really? That's the end of the story. That's how you're going to re-gen. So...good luck.

17. Mouskatool

Elite Pilot

I got 2 in 1 match because I was looking for them. Has nothing to do with luck and it's really not that hard. Just equip the chaingun, take a few steps back, and look for them. If they're invisible just look for their jump pack exhaust when the double jump, because almost all of them do.

18. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Or hit YouTube. There are A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT of videos on how to complete this challenge.

19. Kyoshi

Kyoshi Generation 2

Just because you were able to get those two doesn't mean it isn't about luck. There are many, many, MANY factors that can screw you over, a lot of which cannot be controlled by you.

20. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

I agree with the elitist, but that is because I am also an elitist. I also find it odd that he doesn't consider himself an elitist, since the label clearly fits.

But yeah, the whole point of the challenge being difficult is so that not everyone can do it. And, if you do manage to complete it, it is a way of showing people that you are both capable and committed. If there are people with [ G 10 ] tags that are bad players, then the challenges leading up to [ G 10 ] didn't work.

Only skilled, versatile, well-rounded players should be able to achieve it. If you don't fit the description, then you shouldn't waste your time.