Looks like I won't be regenerating again...

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by Feed Me Camels, Mar 14, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Noah Blevins

Noah Blevins Generation 3

I had the challenges to go to gen 3 done by level 25 of gen 2....it's not worth complaining about.

I can see where gooser can be a pain in the butt, but it's not impossible. Take that time to get the achievement for unlocking everything while you are getting cluster missle kills.

2. maroofisonfire

maroofisonfire Generation 2

I always get all the stuff done before I hit 40, usually, but Gooser has made going to Gen 6 put a halt to my non-stop leveling up. I've tried the cluster missile way and I just can't get it to work - do you just shoot at the titan right in front of you? From a distance? At the cockpit?

3. Noah Blevins

Noah Blevins Generation 3

I use the 40mm cannon and lower the health down as low as I can before firing the missle. Hit weak spot if you can or just shoot their feet and finish with cannon. Most people use auto eject so they won't move. Go for the cannon kill on ejecting pilot just in case missle doesn't finish them.

I'm not saying it will work every single time but it's pretty effective.

4. Sorrows Revenge

Sorrows Revenge Generation 2

Look I don't mind having challenges but I think ones like the gooser are a bit much. Also for the people who are saying " it makes it prestigious now". I like the idea of making people earn it to a degree but this isn't the army. There is no real prestige to any of this. In the end it's just a game and I know people who are already losing interest in the game because of this and that's not cool.

5. Wickerman

Wickerman Generation 4

I just finished my Regen requirements to become 4th gen last night. Yes, the plasma railgun was brutal and was my last one to complete.

If I can offer any tips: As a couple people mentioned, a fully charged hit completely takes down the shield of a Titan. Secondly, unlike with the Chaingun, it's tough to go head to head with the railgun. You almost have to "steal kills." i.e. Sit back and watch others battle Titans and try to time that shot when a teammate has taken down the enemy Titan. Finally, although I mainly played Attrition and a little Hardpoint, I was so desperate for my final 2 kills, I went into Last Titan Standing and got them in one match. If you need Titan kills, play Last Titan Standing.

And finally, I've said this before, but I'm thrilled that Regenerating is very difficult and requires some major commitment and sacrifices.

6. Sorrows Revenge

Sorrows Revenge Generation 2

I've said all along I like the idea of challenges to regen. As much as I hate the sniper rifle I would do it because it can be done and over with. It is really the gooser challenge and the fact that it takes you out of your ability to be an effective member of my team. For example I have 4 good friends I play with regularly. I average about 7-10 pilot kills a game and 3-5 deaths. During the shotgun challenge this # were reversed and that hurts my team. As a game that is really based on team play( which is one reason so many of us like this over COD) I don't understand challenges that make it all about me.

7. maroofisonfire

maroofisonfire Generation 2

After I did that, I never thought anything could be harder - then I found out what Gooser is. Good luck on 5 to 6, man.

That's why I don't even bother doing Gooser until I find a LTS match where I'm on a team who can hold their own - the last thing I need when I'm derping and focusing on a pilot a mile in the sky as opposed to the Titans on the ground is having said Titans throw off my aim by shooting at me. The kills I have gotten have been thanks to a team who can massacre a Titan together and thus give me the freedom to take out the pilot.

Also, Noah Blevins, the Cluster missile trick has yet to work for me and I've attempted it a little over 10 times, lol. Confirmed from the most average of Joes, guys, the chaingun is your best bet, and keep an eye out for those who manually eject and don't cloak, and stalk them every game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wickerman

Wickerman Generation 4

Haha...thank you. Trust me, I've been thinking about this one a lot. I'm dreading it as well. It's going to be interesting.

9. wtsteve

wtsteve Generation 1

I don't know who made the plasma railgun, but you should
    Feel bad about yourself. This is the Hellen Keller of guns.

10. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Is it officially Troll Season now?

WTF mods? Where are these guys coming from?

11. mcleod969

mcleod969 Generation 1

A good way to do this with the stryder is right when a titan falls wait a sec then electric smoke them. After that wait for the hit markers so you know its out of the dome then use your ordnance(i was using salvo). Then charge and once he clears the smoke pop him. you usually need only one shot after that but it depends on how long they stay in the smoke.

12. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

After doing the Railgun challenge, Railgun really grew on me. The ability to do such a huge burst hit into a critical makes you a Titan-dooming machine! Combine that with the Damage Core of the Atlas or the Dash Core of the Stryder (with Instant Shot on Stryder), you can take Titans down before they have time to react to it.

13. Mouskatool

Mouskatool Stand by for Titanfall
    Elite Pilot

I finished the plasma railgun challenges today and thought I'd give some tips.

1. Range is your friend! Stay as far back as possible. People using Quad Rockets, Triple Threat, and other short range weapons can demolish you up close but can't touch you at a distance.

2. Stryder is great for quick movement, but they flinch like CRAZY when hit and it makes it almost impossible to land a charged shot when someone is attacking you. I found the Ogre was a lot easier to use the Railgun with.

3. Personal opinion, extended magazine > instant shot. 1 huge nuke, followed by ordnance and another huge shot usually took down enemy titans. I found that with 5 weaker shots, it just increased my chances of missing and did far less damage.

4. STEAL KILLS. Once people see you taking down enemy shields with that first shot they will be right there to steal the kill from you. If you're not a sneaky a-hole willing to sit back and ninja people's kills, these challenges will take you forever.

5. Above all else... this challenge requires a cool head and patience. You ended to remain calm and wait for a clean shot before letting it fly because missing is extremely costly.

14. L0rdOfCats

L0rdOfCats Generation 2

So I just started the gooser challenge..... it is the most annoyingly stupid challenge I have done yet... I am level 42 ad have only got 15 out of 50 kills 15! So if anyone has some kid of special method other than just spamming the chain gun please feel free to tell.

15. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

You can do it while rodeoing titans, too, so keep that in mind. Satchels are your friend.

16. L0rdOfCats

L0rdOfCats Generation 2

Tried that once... a number of things happened the pilot got out instead of ejecting and when I finally got one to eject I couldn't find him.

17. Lord Granja

Lord Granja Generation 1

Yea its a pain but I recommend using the quick shot and playing last Titan standing

18. L0rdOfCats

L0rdOfCats Generation 2

Quick shot?

19. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

I'm also not sure what he's saying, but I assumed it was just something I didn't know about.

20. Fat Blunts

Fat Blunts Generation 2

The challenges make the game IMO. It somewhat adds "skill" to this ranking system. Anybody can just play a lot and get a high level. It's supposed to be a challenge. The railgun was not hard, I did it in one sitting. Just steal every kill you see. There really is no better way.