Titanfall 2 is slow?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Ik0n88x, Aug 30, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

#21 KernelClamjuice, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016

Interesting read. ......thank you!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks for sharing that Trini. Yeah, my point is why slow it down at all and make it feel clunky? The feel of Titanfall was beautiful. It is why I've purchased about 20 other games since March 2014, some at full price, and have barely played them. I felt like I was stuck in the mud in them and I wanted to get back to Titanfall as fast as possible for that beautiful feel.

The whole arguments of, "Well, we want balance.", or "We want new players to have a better chance." They can take those arguments and jam them 10 miles up where the sun doesn't shine, because they are BS.

They are to allow their COD buddies who want to sit in a stationary spot and get kill streaks and think they are actually good to be able to play Titanfall, because those guys hated the strong titans or pilots whizzing by at varying altitudes that would blow them out of their precious spot.

And as far as for new players, that is such a slap in the face to those of us who invested so much time to get skilled at the first Titanfall. I can remember stepping onto Colony for the first time and not being able to take 2 steps without getting sniped from a roof, but you work at it, you invest the time and you get better. If I've invested the time to learn how to drive a Ferrari at full speed and now you are going to pull me out of it and put me in a Ford Focus just because other new players can't handle Ferraris, then I don't even want to drive at all. What's the point? The new players should have had to step out in the equivalent of Colony in the new game and get their butt kicked, pick themselves up, lick their wounds, and decide if they wanted to get better or not.

And let's not forget, the speeds you probably shared there Trini are probably the speeds that have been boosted a bit after a lot of the outcry. They wanted it to be even slower than that.

Please let me remind you what this genius (NOT!!!!) said. I despise this guy, because this is like reaching in and pulling out the heart of what made Titanfall great. And there was no damn reason for it.

"We actually also slowed the game down a fair bit. When I go back and play Titanfall 1, I'm always floored by just how amped up it is...how fast the players are. I understand that it might disappoint some players who are coming back to the game from Titanfall 1, but I think overall the change is healthy for the game. It was a good design decision." Steve Fukuda, Titanfall 2 Game Director

NO!!! That was the worst decision you ever made in your life and you should no longer have a job because of it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

• Like Like x 1
  5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks Trini! Actually great example to make my point. That guy has put the time and effort in to become one of the most skilled drivers ever. Do you think he would still have as much fun driving if he could only drive in a stock Ford Fiesta just so we could balance things so new drivers would be able to drive? I think not.

I also loved this one:

• Like Like x 2