Titanfall 2 Multiplayer Technical Test: What do you think?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by WhoIsDo, Aug 19, 2016.

?
  1. Love it

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Needs a little work

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Needs a LOT of work

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. Hate it

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. carl26554

carl26554 Generation 1

Hi the game is fun to play however it would be nice to see more players or Ai in the game modes to liven up the maps. Also the titans are fun but I do hope that there will be different weapons for the titans to choose from. Also attrition was a better game mode than bounty. Also pilot vs pilot needs more players. Titans need more customization options and, please have more weapons tan I the first game. Other than these problems the game is fun and, I hoe tat you fix these problems thanks.

2. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

that's the thing a lot of gamers are complain about compared to titanfall 1 or the first game , it is much harder to get a titan and the whole point of the game is to have an extension of the pilot a weapon at arms length for both teams not just one sided , the game has lost that balance and the fun factor of gaining the titan and playing with them, gamers online are saying the opposite to your clams, as the titans are not 10 times more powerful but are much more weaker to attack with out the shields now this is some thing that can be tweaked but to say it's 10 time more powerful is off .
    the way the titans are right now you cannot survive as long as now you have to back off rather than attack after you face off with another pilot titan fight plus being hit by pilots you titan now become a disposable shell rather that an offensive or defensive weapon as now just after 1 battle you titan becomes useless that being said the time it take to get another one is very long hence the other reasons. if you were on a team that had titans already and you have not unlocked one how are you going to have fun as there are limited players for you to shoot now as AI/bots are not present until set waves . by that time you do get one the game is over and this leads to a frustrating game .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trini Chinese

agreed as the mode needs a higher player cap being that they removed a lot of great things from the first. the game is un blanced and punish the losing team which make it very difficult to come back .

4. ice

ice Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

unless they have a grapeling hook;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Basic stupidity

Basic stupidity Generation 2

#25 Basic stupidity, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    First of all yes I understand my opinion is indeed unpopular but i dont understand why (Ive just been reported for being a troll for godsake). Second, It is only hard to get a titan if 1. you are playing the hardpoint gamemode or 2. You arent playing the obj. The titans in my opinion should be rewarding otherwise what is the point in them? And if they are going to make something rewarding then they have to make it useful and if they make something that useful then it needs to be earned.
    That said I 100% disagree with you on your statement about the game losing the 'balance' between the titan and pilot. The titans in titanfall 1 always felt so useless to me. The titans all roughly spawned at the same time due to their timer then they all tried killing each other and usually there ended up being 2 titans left that would just die because they just fought an onslaught of titans and there was no way to heal your titan. Titans could never kill anything as effectively as pilots could except other titans and the titans never got the pilot kill after because of how good the eject was so the whole time was a waist. (and to be honest even thats questionable with how good the rodeoing was.) The maps were designed to always keep the pilots safe from the titans, the pilots if they wanted could just run away hide and wait for a titan or the much easier just jump on the titans back after the titan used the mandatory smoke cloud. The titan felt absolutely useless and I know I wasnt the only one that felt that because they made a titan less game mode!

Not to mention, the cat and mouse like gameplay was hardly existent due to everyone getting the titan at around the same time.

And no i was not exaggerating when I said I felt that they were 10 times more powerful. At most during titanfall 1 I got maybe if i was lucky 5 to six total pilot kills and one titan kill and then i was screwed. In this your titan can literally stay alive the entire game. The titan traps enable the titan to run away and find health and after titan victories you can fully restore your health. You now have several ways to stop rodeoing and even if you do get rodeoed you can kill the guy and take the battery back for more health than you had before. Then vortex shields now can have double the amount of time out and the core abilities allow huge comeback potential. Not only this but simply staying alive longer in the titan allows you to get a titan faster even after you die. I have gotten back 2 back titans almost every single game.
    " if you were on a team that had titans already and you have not unlocked one how are you going to have fun as there are limited players for you to shoot now as AI/bots are not present until set waves ." could you rephrase this because the current statement makes little to no sense. If your enemy team got titans before you than they deserve to kill you for a short time thats how games should work. Even then the titans give you exp for your supercharge or titan by literally just shooting them so in no time youll be able to take them out or get your own.

• Like Like x 2
    • Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 1
  6. Basic stupidity

scorches vortex shield perfectly counters any pesky rodeoers

7. carl26554

carl26554 Generation 1

Another thing is that I feel the matches need to be longer more like 15-20 min.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ice

ice Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

i did not think of that, however im guessing that only works from the front and not when they grapple back on before you can turn around

9. Basic stupidity

Most grapplers dont think of it either they just slowly grapple to their death.

It kills them relatively fast so if your fast enough itll tell you your being grappled and i just deploy the shield and spin while looking for the guy, 9 times out of 10 ill kill them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Geekology

Geekology Generation 1

I was so excited about this game as a Gen 10 pilot I was eager for more. However, the game now feels sluggish and less fluid compared to its predecessor. I'm disappointed Respawn has taken away my right to properly rodeo a Titan. The Titans feel less powerful and more like big trash cans moving about. And I miss my burn cards. I really hope they will consider the feedback of their fans which love the original Titanfall and give us back the Titanfall we all fell in love with. Now I'm on the fence about my preorder. Damn I really wanted that helmet.

• Like Like x 1
  11. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Haha...I feel the same about the helmet...but don't worry I've heard from a pretty reliable source the helmet is pretty cheap...

If you desire it still like I do even after this less than desirable wannabe Titanfall game you should be able to find them on the secondary market pretty easily.

I've been buying the ThreeZero Titans. Now all I can say is wow....what a waste of money.

I can't believe how they absolutely destroyed this game......

What really gets me is the fact that someone had a really really bad idea to:

A. Make the opposing player GLOW RED! Seriously?? This is just stupid..

B. Took away burn cards.

C. Took away cloak....are you kidding me? Stupid stupid.....

D. Why is it everytime I get killed.....no matter what weapon that kills me makes me feel like I had just been hit by a MACK TRUCK? All the guns sound the same...

E. Took away the ESSENCE OF THE GAME.

F. Who's bright idea was it to take away sidearms? Seriously? so I get into a firefight.....I run out of ammo....andd switch to my sidearm......oops......guess what.....Mag Launcher........its just stupid.

So getting back to my original thought.

It's not the fact some kid from Call Of Duty got hired at Respawn and made some Stupid decisions.....it's the fact some Moron came behind him and said...."yah...that's a good idea". Let's get rid of burn cards....cloaking........oh yah...I know...lets really screw things up....lets get rid of backup weapons and sidearms all together...

Lol....you couldn't make this stuff up...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trini Chinese

I agree with you with the titans in the first game being under powered and could have been tweaked which is what they attempted to do in titanfall 2 . but taking away the shields not only contradict that the titans are 10 time more powerful but are not conclusive to the videos and tech test game play by many on here and others as i do understand that gamers all have different style of play and can result the out come of a game,
    but as how it is right now and if it stays the same the game modes will be unbalance that and the titans are weaker because they removed the shields and you are not affected as of yet is the fact that you have not been in a game as of yet were you are on the receiving end to experience this and the maps are a bit bigger that titanfall 1 if you were to put the same titan in titanfall 2 vs the one in part 1 you would see a large difference if they were in the same maps. as the Shields would have protected you to have a fighting chance the titans in part 2 when hit they stay hit or damaged and all it takes to get rid of that titan are a few more hits then of the field and hence the long wait to unlock a new one.
    ps i just saw that reapawn have updated the speed of the titan in the tech test and have admitted that it's way too slow .
    wile i do agree that you should have to earn the titan like everything else you have to remember the core concept of part 1 was everyone should have a titan hence the name of the game . the point is they have to balance having a titan vs not having one hence the cat and mouse is a form of balance in military terms it's called Gorilla warfare . now i am not saying everything is perfect but they had other elements in the game which helped the balance in part 1 .
    being that these element were not present shows in titan fall 2 tech test as i like many players will adapt and once this happens which i have already did with in reason your titan that you figure is more powerful in the current state it is in would not stand much of a chance and i don't even consider my self a great player what is gonna happen when you run into a coordinated titan team .

please bear with me as i will post more on this later .and please understand that i am not here to change your mind as i do respect your views and valid points and makes for a great debate.

• Like Like x 1
  13. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I agree about the minimap....it doesn't work.....what was wrong with what we had before...

I will have to disagree on pilot weapons. They don't feel as good as T1.

Hard point is unbalanced........they needed and changed some algorithms I read today to even it out.. We'll see..

Agree 100! Rodeo in T2 is just plain stupid. Takes zero skill.....T1 was interactive..

Agree about customizations for Titans....they are lame...

14. Trini Chinese

cloak will be in the game but now as a class system , as i have adapted the pilot with the ghost ability to my advantage i have caught many shooting around the corner lol and catch them on the rebound.
    the set up of class system are is a hit or miss and would have been a welcome addition in the first game as it gives choices but the thing with class system there are other game elements that is needed to balance the experience.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Basic stupidity

A. The red glow was a needed addition so that you could more effectively identify enemy pilots and there locations. Sometimes it is still hard to see them hidden in bushes.
    B. Burn cards were most certaintly not the best thing to come out of titanfall and you act like they were. They had the potential to be pay to win if they implemented a purchasing system, be glad they're out
    C. Ill bet you that cloak will be in the full release and if not its not like cloak was useful, original or the best thing out of titanfall
    D.Titanfalls guns have always been like that
    E. The 'Essence of the game' is entirely subjective, just because the actual devs idea of the game doesnt matchup with yours doesnt mean that the game is missing its point
    F.It allows for an interesting dynamic so that pilots that want to take out titans easier can and pilots that want to take out other pilots can but still making the pilots a bit less effective at killing so that titans can be more effective
    Backup weapons and sidearms arent gone just nerfed

16. Trini Chinese

on the subject of E in your post . The game does not match up to what titanfall 1 is and what made the game it is today . wile i understand that adding new things has it's up and downs i also am ok with there new system that replaced burn cards as the new system works to the point of options to tweak the pilot. they just change the concept of how it will be used , with that said this is an addition or tweaking to make it better not really a removal .
    the original Essence of the game is not present in the tech test hence the many post on the dislike of the direction it has shown in the tech test . wile i do like the new features many are disappointed by the exact thing you are stating .
    the game does not deserve the title Titan fall 2 as it misrepresent what the first game is.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Geekology

Geekology Generation 1

Agree. I simply can't understand why They changed all the components that made Titanfall unique. Now it feels more like COD with mechs via a killstreak. No burn cards, no timer for Titans, slowed pacing for pilots and Titans, no proper rodeo. I'm literally so disappointed. This was my most anticipated game this year.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Basic stupidity

You say it as if its fact but it is entirely based off of your opinion. Titanfall 2 doesnt have to be exactly like titanfall 1 for it to still follow the 'essence of the game'. And lets get this out of the way, the majority of people on this forum think it isnt titanfall just because the titan doesnt spawn automatically for you and you have to earn it. Wake up call, Titanfall doesnt have to give you a titan. Sure the last game focused on giving you a titan but giving you the titan wasnt the game.

19. Basic stupidity

How in the hell did the rodeo take anymore skill in tf1 than tf2?
    The minimap is wack tho

20. Basic stupidity

pilots and titans are not slower paced they just require more skill. Making the titans a semi-killstreak was very much needed in order to add gameplay variety. The prior rodeoing system was way too powerful and basically rendered the titan useless if you werent using or ran out of your smoke.Now not only does it make titans more effective but also allows team work to take place during the game.