Why No Mic????

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by BallisticDad, Mar 30, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vanthem

Vanthem Generation 2

I'm a misanthrope, so that's 99 percent of the reason I leave my mic off, especially when a match is filled with mouth-breathers and the hardcore try hards.

The other 1 percent is my constant string of profanity the minute anything goes against me. I figure most probably don't want to hear that. 8D

I save mic use for friends or when I hear someone legitimately trying to communicate. On a side note, has anyone noticed the included Xbox One headset being a little spotty?

2. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

I think a big reason the X1 has so few people communicating with a mic is because the included chat headset is junk to those of us who have invested hundreds of dollars into a headset that until they released a $30 piece of plastic didn't work for chat. Now my $300 headset has been reduced to basic stereo sound, and my controller goes a little crazy when the chat adaptor is connected!

3. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

no clue if you updated the controller but if you hold the chat button (bottom left) untill you hear a beep then you should only hear the audio of the chat I have a Turtle Beach Tango Set sadly no more wireless chatting for me but at least im able to use it so im content... still sucks tho ... damn microsoft :/

4. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

Im sorry dude, but this is a horrible way to play multiplayer games. You are missing out on so much. How do you ever expect to meet new people to play with? This is a TEAM based game and if the TEAM can not communicate, how is the TEAM supposed to function???????

Sorry, but I COMPLETLY need to vent on this subject. It is 110% not cool to plug in a mic.
    Personal feelings!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bear

Bear That ain't falco.
    Elite Pilot

You 100% don't understand people who don't enjoy meeting new people lol. Plus someone people might already be in a party, maybe no mic or maybe they just don't want to talk. I borderline fucking refuse to have my mic unmuted when in game chat unless someone says my name. Especially if I worked that day (since I'm a cashier I see and talk to hundreds of people a day) I just want to relax and not go through the awkward small talk bullshit phase with people.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

ehh well its not really about small talk it's more about call out and working together as a team in a team based game lolz. Yea I'm not jumping on XBL to ask other TItanfall players "oh how was yur day, did you enjoy work, oh the weather is quiet lovely isn't it"

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bear

Bear That ain't falco.
    Elite Pilot

Then you have that awkward silence in between and that is a fear of mine.

Awkward silence makes me want to leave the game lol.

8. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

ehh thats true usually during those moments im like naybody see them and then im like ohh shi die mofo die or ill give n update nobody at flag guy running towards flag f u grunts or something like that lolololololz

9. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

This is what I am talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today, I was playing... I was in my titan and I was standing next to two other titans... Enemy jumped on my titan. I am STARRING AT MY TEAM SHOUTING ON THE MIC "GET HIM OFF ME!!!"... Did they hear me? NO! Prob, because they were unaware that microsoft PROVIDED them with a mic, and it was still in the box!!

F Small Talk! No one wants to hear it, nor does anyone care about the silence. What matters is "Hey dude, behind you!"... "Theyre heading to B", "Titan at A"...

I have never played a game where NO ONE is wiling to plug in their mic. I play 10 matches this morning before I found a single person with his mic plugged in!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Like Like x 1
  11. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

Same with me

12. Corstaad

Corstaad Generation 2

I dont use mine anymore. The community on 360 turn to crap and the xbox one followed suit. I havent once heard a simple strategy spoken on it on any game since getting the xbox in December. All I have ever heard is bad rap, shit talking turds, or complaining. In fact I wish I could across the board mute it.

13. Corstaad

Corstaad Generation 2

Why would anyone want someone screaming at them to do anything on a video game? Let alone the fact screaming for help is always the best way to confuse a situation :/.

14. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

Ok... So I wants really screaming...
    Im sure you can image my point!

15. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

im with ya, bro. millions of units sold and i hear less than 20 a night,..Im usually talking to myself, calling them out anyways,... but itd be nice to have someone to answer other than the voices in my head,..

added u on XB1

• Like Like x 1
  16. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

Just added you...

17. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

I play with members of my community so use a mic always except for the rare times I want to just play solo for a minute, then I do not want to get the lil Timmies started talking about everyone's Mother etc. The times I have tried to communicate with my fellow solo team members, no one would respond...

18. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

Junk or not, it doesnt negate the fact that you have a free headset that wasnt even intended to be included in the first place. All im saying is dont be afraid to communicate...

• Like Like x 1
  19. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

Thats all I am saying too!

20. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

... i like this guy. He makes me sound smart.

• Like Like x 1